Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picture & Video Category

NorrisMike

Do you think if there was a category titled "Picture & Video" it would encourage people to share more of their boating/water sports experiences?

Pictures & Video

Share your boating and water sports related media here

I would share more if there was an easier way to post them from a mobile device. Not a knock on this forum as all the forums I'm on require using a hosting site and IMG tags. Lately the photobucket app has been sucking bad. Tapasucks tells me all my pictures are too large to post. If I'm on a computer at home it means I'm remoting in to work. That said, I do think a picture/video forum would be cool. I enjoy a lot of the photos that get posted here. A lot of great looking boats in beautiful places!

• Like 2

yeah , i use my google photos, with a specific crew folder but it is a pain to get the image URL from android or apple mobile device or tablet.

that and off the boat my wife take photo's like she is on the sidelines of an NFL game snapping thousands, but the phones go in the glove box and don't come out much on the boat

I have been thinking about this for a while now. How cool would it be to have an app that uploads pics into a mobile uploads thread or similar by pressing a couple buttons and maybe optionally putting short title to it.

Edited by Ndawg12

I think that on the surface this is a pretty good idea, but some of the barriers to its use that have been mentioned in this thread make me think that it would be a forum that would go more unused than it could be. Personally I'd like to see usability get better when it comes to posting images before dedicating an entirely new forum to that purpose.

The software really has come a long way in that regard (most of you don't know how bad it really was in the beginning), but IMO it's not there yet. The next major upgrade that we do (likely later this year) may fix that. Not sure. If I ever get finished with school, I might be coerced into dedicating some time to build a plugin to make things easier.

• Like 3