Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Navigation Fuse Blowing, Don't know Why?

endostrat

Today, I finished installing an Atwood Waketower All-around light, model 5580a7 on my G4 tower. The install was fairly smooth and straightforward. During the testing the light functioned normally when I would push the acc tower light button. Once it was installed, I did the same thing and it works flawlessly.

Here is the kicker. I have never actually tested my navigation light so I flipped the nav light and pushed the button and pop goes the fuse. I replaced it and it did the same thing. The acc tower light stays on the whole time with no apparent issues.

Does anyone have any ideas? My first thought is the new tower light, but I would think it would blow the acc fuse and not the nave fuse? Also, having never tested the nav light, I can't be certain that there isn't a short someplace else causing the problem.

Also, what kind of fuses are being used? Can I buy them at an auto store or do I need to get them from my dealer?

Just confirmed the only time the Nav Fuse blows is when it is flipped up for use. When it is in the hidden position it will not blow the fuse.

I'm glad it is still under warranty. Blown too many fuses tonight will have to get some in the morning.

sounds like the nav light is having issues, I would not replace the fuse and keep flipping it on. Try to trace the wires back for the Nav light look for any frayed wires etc. There is a reason why the fuse keeps blowing.