Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis a22 vs t22

BurgettCrew

So I've been researching different forums, dealers, and people who have ridden axis about the difference between the a22 and t22. I've been told that the t22 has a better surf wave and the a22 has a better wakeboard wake. I've also been told there's barely even a difference in the 2 boats wakes. Anyone have comments on this?

Have you ridden behind both? I'm actually curious to see what people say. For some reason the pickle fork bow has been growing on me and I really used to despise them!

Not sure if you're looking at a new or used boat, but you might want to keep in mind that the 15' A22 got a new design this year, so there will be a difference comparing past A22s to T22s vs new A22s to T22s.

I can say that I love the wake and wave on my 15' A22 and having the extra space up front is nice.

Not sure if you're looking at a new or used boat, but you might want to keep in mind that the 15' A22 got a new design this year, so there will be a difference comparing past A22s to T22s vs new A22s to T22s.

I can say that I love the wake and wave on my 15' A22 and having the extra space up front is nice.

I'm looking at both 15' models! And I thought both the a22 and t22 got an update?

T22 came out in 2014, no changes in 2015. First A22 was in 2009, 2015 was the new hull A22. Go demo the boats is the only way to answer your own question. Asking us about which boat has more lip or ramp is very subjective because we all weight our boat differently, different size crews, different speeds, different water depths, wedge down, wedge up, rope length makes a difference as to what part of the wake you're hitting, extra bow weight firms up the wake, no extra bow weight, etc etc etc. So with so many factors and the boats being so very similar in wakeboard wakes, you can tweak these two boats how ever you like. Two of the same boat with two different owners can and will achieve different wakes. One might like a firm lippy wake and can achieve it while the other may not ever figure out the ballast set up to mimic the other if they don't try different factors. An Axis is dummy proof to set up a good clean wake but it's getting it exactly how YOU want it that takes a little time to play with various ballast configurations, wedge, or no wedge, and speed. Surfing is the same issue...ballast configuration varies by boat owner, crew size, speed, depth, always use the wedge for surfgate surfing. Sorry for the long winded explanation but you need to see and ride it for yourself so DEMO both.

Edited by AJWest

I can give feedback on the a22. i had a 2010 and now have a 15 a22. both wakeboard wakes are outstanding, the 15 has a little lippier wake. but both are awesome. the difference between the 2010 and the 15 is the wave. the 15 is much easier to surf with little effort messing around with weight, especially the goofy side. Im thinking the feedback you may have heard is comparing the older a22 hull to the t22.

Edited by elc

I would really find it hard to believe anyone say they wished they'd gotten a 2015 A22 over a 2015 T22 or the other way as far as wake/wave goes. The boats are so close. It boils down to the bow and/or lines of the boat (picklefork vs traditional).

Edited by AJWest