Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Memorial Day Weekend Plans - Let's Hear 'em

mountaineerhill

Hey Mountaineerhill,

If you get a chance to drop in on the private side and get away from all the traffic, swing by our lot. Its in the channel between dyke 2 and dyke 3. We are having a pig roast on Sat, should be quite a few peeps there.

Have fun!

Rain or shine - I hope to finish wiring the sound system, get a head start on the heater setup and take the '05 out for the first time this weekend!

I don't ever remember memorial day being a nice weather day... of course the forecast says 50% chance of rain all weekend so "the usual"

Since I'm still in the middle of an engine/trans swap on the Tahoe, I'm hauling the boat up to Smith Lake and doing dry stack storage for the next two months.

So I'll be spending the weekend on the water... considering camping while we're at it, but haven't decided yet.

I need to get down to Smith Lake. Love it down there!

Up to the lake to mainly relax, but there are still a few chores to do to fully summerize the place. 1970 boat is in the 50 degree water and we are expecting temps below freezing at night. Big crowd is expected Saturday. Lots of yardsales this weekend too.

3 days staying on the New River Gorge, whitewater rafting and kayaking. I'll go wakesurfing next week after the holiday crowd is gone. ??

• Like 2

Sitting at home wishing our new boat was here so we could be using it. Weather is supposed to be nasty so wouldn't be out anyway. Just the thought that we can't go out if the sun broke out sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

going to my cottage to do chores...build a deck and steps to lower my dock so it's not so high, rickety, and a big step down to the boat. Then put in 4 docks, 6 lifts, 1 I/O runabout, 2 pontoons. After that I get to work on getting my 1979 Jeep CJ5 to run so I can drive it back on Tuesday.

I'll probably get in a few beers and maybe a margarita along the way.

We're heading to Greers Ferry lake in Arkansas for the whole week. Rented a house with a pool and lots of space for about 14 people. Inside the house their ping pong, bumber pool, shuffle board and a pinball machine.

Currently waiting for my son to show up as he was due today... Boating is definitely out this weekend.

Heading to lake billy chinook in central oregon, going to head out Thursday after work and stay until Monday.

LOL I messed up and meant to reply to Pnwriders post. He is the real winner here :)

We are just staying local.

• Like 2

Friday PM.....play on the water

Saturday AM....play on the water

Saturday PM....finish staining the deck while I watch the idiots and drunks on the water.

Sunday AM.....play on the water

Sunday PM......install radio on the golf cart while I watch the idiots and drunks on the water.

Monday AM.....play in the water

Monday PM.....my youngest turns 1.

Rather get my fun in before the geniuses come out to play and drink.

• Like 2

3 days staying on the New River Gorge, whitewater rafting and kayaking. I'll go wakesurfing next week after the holiday crowd is gone.

Kayakwv,

its all about the Upper Gauley!! i did that river when it was 31 and snowing and had the time of my life.

Heading to my buddies place on Lake Nacimiento. Well it used to be on the lake. At only 20% capacity due to drought, there is only a little creek there. But still enough water to launch the boat and get in some boarding and surfing.

Picking up my new 15 VLX from TNT Watersports and heading out to the lake. Looking so forward to this weekend. I hope the rain is minimal. Maybe We will meet some new folks on Old Hickory Lake and make some new friends while we are at it.

I've been so busy I haven't even got to use my boat yet... Weather has been nice enough for lake trips for almost a month now. Wife is across the country in California for the weekend and I don't feel like lugging the boat to the lake without her so guess we will be putting it off another weekend.. ugh.

I will be enjoying my other hobbies tho. Local carshow wants to showcase my Z06 on Saturday & sunday I'm driving a couple hrs each way to ride my modded Raptor 700r at the best atv park in GA - Druhamtown plantation.