Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Board Recommendations - DD Boat with a Heavy Rider

skiguy

I'm 220lbs. with a '98 Sunsetter LX DD boat with gates and ballast. Beginner skill level for my whole family but want a board I won't have to replace next year when we have it figured out. The local shop recommended a couple boards for me and my setup. The Ronix Thruster and the Koal Powertail (the longer/5ft. models). I was hoping some folks here had some experience with these and other models and could steer us in the right direction for our particular setup.

I'm 220lbs. with a '98 Sunsetter LX DD boat with gates and ballast. Beginner skill level for my whole family but want a board I won't have to replace next year when we have it figured out. The local shop recommended a couple boards for me and my setup. The Ronix Thruster and the Koal Powertail (the longer/5ft. models). I was hoping some folks here had some experience with these and other models and could steer us in the right direction for our particular setup.

Hijack, How is your ballast set up?

Haven't implemented yet but I'm going with Ronix Eight.3 800lb bags on each side of the engine, wedge down and a 500lb sack in the locker. Also made some surf gates.

The Inland Surfer Red Rocket will be the best board for that boat at your weight. There arent many boards that will get you ropeless with that set up.