Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What can we expect on the new 2016 Axis models?

BurgettCrew

So I'm pretty set on buying an axis! Either an a22 or t22. Anyways, I went to my dealer today and he said if I ordered in June I'd probably get the 2016 model delivered in July! That's way soon And I haven't been able to find any info on the new upcoming 2016 models. Any help here?

Edited by BurgettCrew

So I'm pretty set on buying an axis! Either and a22 or t22. Anyways, I went to my dealer today and he said if I ordered in June I'd probably get the 2016 model delivered in July! That's way soon And I haven't been able to find any info on the new upcoming 2016 models. Any help here?

IDK? Seems pretty optimistic for a July delivery on a 2016.

I have no problem with the partial window setup on the Axis, however if they ever go for a wrap around I'm probably a convert for my next boat. Hope they consider this at some point. Of course, there are also fun things about the partial window...

Neither model are in for major changes. Maybe just some little updates.

Also, it's extremely unlikely that you will see a 2016 prior to September. The latest 2016 information is not distributed to dealers until the dealer meetings that occur in late August.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2

If anything it will be cosmetic. The dash is due for an update. There might be a power wedge option. How many more Malibu features can they add without delivering a Malibu wrapped in a Axis?

• Like 2

Again, I'm not sure how much Malibu wants to cannibalize their brands by offering the exact options which make them entirely different boats and price ranges. But you add that power wedge to the Axis line and somehow keep the price levels low, it will be a home run no doubt.

I know Malibu starts 2016 production in July. So it should be possible to get one late July early August. My spray date is 6/17, my boat should be in AZ buy July 4. One thing is absolutely certain. Minimum 3k more for 2016 vs 2015.

Also, it's extremely unlikely that you will see a 2016 prior to September. The latest 2016 information is not distributed to dealers until the dealer meetings that occur in late August.

The next model year is already in full swing production at the time of dealer meetings, not after it.

Seems like we've seen plenty of next year's boats "in the wild" in mid july at least for the last couple years.

• Like 2

Seems like we've seen plenty of next year's boats "in the wild" in mid july at least for the last couple years.

Yep and even the red yet-undisclosed MXZ was pictured Memorial Day Weekend the year of its release.