Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis T22 ladder

cincinnati

I'm pondering what to do to help people enter the boat while in the water. For instance my dad had double knee replacement and required a 4 step ladder on our old IO swim deck to be able to get out of the water.

I've now ordered a 2015 Axis T22. I'm not sure how high this will sit. Has anyone added a ladder to this boat? Any success with rope ladder?

I added the Malibu swim platform ladder after getting my boat. I was not easy. Had to remove the old platform pad. Drill holes and bolt on the new ladder and then install a new platform pad. Also not cheap. I think I paid $280 for the ladder and $300 for the Malibu platform pad.

However, my family and I LOVE having the platform boarding ladder. It was worth the money and the trouble. When extended into the water, the length is quite good ergonomically for use.

I am not sure about your dad, with his knee replacements. The last rung of the ladder maybe low enough for him, not sure?

You could probably fabricate your own one-foot sling step. You could get some rope and loop it to make teardrop shape, then tie it to a carabiner to quickly attach and disconnect the rope to/from one of the rear eyelets that the trailer straps connect to.

If mounted on the right side of the swim platform, you do this to use the rope step to get out of the water: Right foot on the rope step, right hand grasping the top of the rope, left hand on the swim platform, with the left leg free hoist yourself up and put the left leg/left butt cheek on the platform.

Does that make sense?

Edited by WABOBO

I added the Malibu swim platform ladder after getting my boat. I was not easy. Had to remove the old platform pad. Drill holes and bolt on the new ladder and then install a new platform pad. Also not cheap. I think I paid $280 for the ladder and $300 for the Malibu platform pad.

However, my family and I LOVE having the platform boarding ladder. It was worth the money and the trouble. When extended into the water, the length is quite good ergonomically for use.

I am not sure about your dad, with his knee replacements. The last rung of the ladder maybe low enough for him, not sure?

Do you have pics of yours installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Axis platform is high, even with my ballast full, its still out of the water (750's in locker's)

Wow! I didn't realize this. Our old boat had no ballast and the platform is only an inch or so out of the water and if you had 1-2 people in the back of the boat it could touch the water or even dip under slightly. Crazy to think with 2000lbs in the back it won't do the same.

We have an issue with some bigger people that have trouble lifting themselves on to the platform. I just ordered one of these that I planed to tie to the rear grab handle (but now will use a large carabiner idea from Wabobo). I will just put both ends on the biner and let the end be their first step, so they can use their legs to get their rear high enough to be on platform.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5HRJ9U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow! I didn't realize this. Our old boat had no ballast and the platform is only an inch or so out of the water and if you had 1-2 people in the back of the boat it could touch the water or even dip under slightly. Crazy to think with 2000lbs in the back it won't do the same.

I think it may have to do with surfgate or improving the surf wake...

2012 a22 vs. 2014

post-25119-14321449138249_thumb.jpg

post-25119-14321449255566_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pondering what to do to help people enter the boat while in the water. For instance my dad had double knee replacement and required a 4 step ladder on our old IO swim deck to be able to get out of the water.

I've now ordered a 2015 Axis T22. I'm not sure how high this will sit. Has anyone added a ladder to this boat? Any success with rope ladder?

If ordered and not yet built, why not get them to add the factory ladder option?

We have an issue with some bigger people that have trouble lifting themselves on to the platform. I just ordered one of these that I planed to tie to the rear grab handle (but now will use a large carabiner idea from Wabobo). I will just put both ends on the biner and let the end be their first step, so they can use their legs to get their rear high enough to be on platform.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5HRJ9U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That strap would be much more comfortable to step on than a rope.

The platform on my 15 A22 sits 1-2" off the water with zero ballast filled. The platform has a slope towards the rear. My dad's Response TXI sits noticeably higher out of the water.