Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sensor Problems

05hammerhead

Hoping for a little help with some sensors on my boat.

1. Left rear ballast always shows 3/4 full when empty. It will go up to full but will not go any lower than 3/4. Im assuming there is a reason the sensor is getting the wrong reading, but I have no idea how to fix it.

2. My lake temperature says something on the order of 120+ degrees...is this an easy fix or am I going to pay $400 to have to buy an entirely new module.

Thanks Crew

I had the same problem on my 05 with the temp piece. The temp gage is in paddle wheel assembly. You can order the part, from Bakes online http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1060. What I did was instead of running the wire through the hull is just replaced and spliced the wire. Worked like a champ after that. Sorry cannot help you on the ballast thing. Getting to the ballast tank, you remove the floor by take screws out. Get a magnet to find them. My guess is that there is a sensor there as well that has gone bad. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem on my 05 with the temp piece. The temp gage is in paddle wheel assembly. You can order the part, from Bakes online http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1060. What I did was instead of running the wire through the hull is just replaced and spliced the wire. Worked like a champ after that. Sorry cannot help you on the ballast thing. Getting to the ballast tank, you remove the floor by take screws out. Get a magnet to find them. My guess is that there is a sensor there as well that has gone bad. Hope this helps.

If you replace the paddle wheel assembly, do you have to re-calibrate the speedo?

In both Malibus we have owned the air and water temp and always been way off, they always read much warmer than it really is.

$165 to tell me the water in MN is cold...cant do it. Thanks for the info though. I would have never guessed it was in the paddlewheel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope. Havent fixed it. Im assuming its a sensor thats blocked or something. Not sure Im willing to rip up the floor to fix it though. Its easy enough to tell when its empty as it stops spitting water out the side...