Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
wedge88

Axis ski pylon pad

wedge88

I have a strong love/hate relationship with the ski pylon in our boat. It is necessary as we still ski but I cannot for the life of me, understand why Malibu offers a retractable pylon in Malibu boats but doesn't do the same with the Axis. How much could that difference really be? It is not a standard feature so it doesn't add anything to the bottom line. I understand budget consciousness and all but I know it 's going to hurt one of my kids at some point.

Needless to say, I was a little disappointed when I found out our pylon is always there. Wife says "it only sticks up 3" so why is it a big deal?" Well i have smacked my knees on it twice now which doesn't feel good and really ruins a day. I am determined to make some sort of doughnut ring pad for this but thought I would check if others may already have a solution? Driving back from the lake, my kids were sleeping in the back seat and they all had those neck pillows so I my thoughts were to mock something up using one of those. Possibly memory foam with a weighted bottom so they don't blow out while underway. Thoughts or ideas?

skyskier

If I can learn not to whack my shin bone on my trailer hitch I'm certain after you experience enough pain you will get this one all figured out.

That Guy

Agree with you 100%. I slalom rarely but I chose NOT to order the pylon to avoid the exact issues you're talking about and don't understand why they can't offer the retractable one across the line up.

Have you looked into just replacing it with a retractable one?

wedge88

Agree with you 100%. I slalom rarely but I chose NOT to order the pylon to avoid the exact issues you're talking about and don't understand why they can't offer the retractable one across the line up.

Have you looked into just replacing it with a retractable one?

I looked up the Malibu one and think the head would be too large to fit through the cup holder. I will research some more. I did however find goal post and fence pads for athletics use so may go that route if needed but would love to have an adjustable as it won't see a ton of use. I am going to contact dealer as well and Peter at Smoothwatersports as he manufacturers some custom products.

jwl019

After owning a 99 VLX, I learned to stay clear of the front center portion of the sunpad! It did take about 3 or 4 bruised knees for me to figure it out.

post-16917-0-05932400-1432047177_thumb.j

pook77

Stop skiing... :biggrin: seriously though. stop it.

AJWest

You could've odered without and still ski from the transom hook.

bamabonners

Its not just Axis. My MC X2 is the same way...

Levi900RR

Golf club head covers.

19610834.jpg

Edited by Levi900RR

DIE2SURF

Levi for the WIN! love it.

wedge88

Levi for the WIN! love it.

+1

Bill_AirJunky

Seems like 1/2 the retractable pylons are frozen anyway.