Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Knock sensor cross reference

2004 21XTi with Monsoon 340. Do I really need to spend $80 for a knock sensor or is there an equivalent at the local auto parts store ($30). Hate to throw money away . . .

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, tlpru said:

hello all

the links are dead....

any cross reference info on KNOCK SENSORs?

The post above clearly says that Indmar used AC Delco 213-96.  A quick look using a popular search engine showed lots of places that have that part number.

• 1 year later...

Just a heads up to anyone who comes across this post looking for a cross ref. That ac delco part number will not work. Wrong resistance. They read 3900ohms. The right one should read around 100k ohms. 

2 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Now I gotta check mine. Great. Ha.

Steve B.

If it’s not giving you a check engine, you’re fine with whatever you’ve got. I found all this info on a GM forum. Seems their rule of thumb was if the part on sensor where the pigtail plugs in was white, it was 100k and black it was 3.9k. I just ordered the Indmar one from skidim and for the first time since buying this boat I was able to run all day without beeps. 

On 6/28/2023 at 8:56 AM, justgary said:

Do you remember the part number?

AC/Delco 213-96, it has the black plug, as mentioned above.

Edited by electricjohn

The nerd in me is going to verify. I'm going to investigate a little as NashVLX was saying with either the white or black wire version and the corresponding resistance. Boat runs great either way, ha.

Steve B.