Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine temp

What should my Malibu response 98 carb 350 engine running at? Yesterday it was anywhere from 180 to just over 200. Is that Normal? Seems hot. I am going to put new impeller in. Any other ideas or is that normal? Oil pressure and levels look good. Engine was running at various speeds at rpms

I need similar help... My raw water impeller went last fall and I got my boat hot...gauge went to 200.. I immediately shut down, but It did smell like melted rubber or melted Fiberglas ... I limped back to the dock making sure not to get it back up to 200 .. I changed the impeller and now it runs 160 to 180... My problem is since then I have a lot of white smoke or steam coming from the back of the boat .. I never noticed it before but it may have been there... I might just be hyper sensitive to it now since then... Any one else see this in their boat?? ( 2001 sun setter VLX)

I'll try to post a pic or a video

Edited by Mpeters