Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Protecting rear hatches

ndahlberg12

One thing the wife and I liked about some of the other boats we looked at was the center walkway on the rear hatches.

With our boat scheduled to spray this week wife and I are starting to pick up the last of our items. What, if anything, are you guys using both to protect the rear hatch panels when people walk over them to get to the platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the strict rule, but don't make a habit of wearing shoes either. The boat is 10 years old & only one seam is pulling apart, on the starboard rear corner seat bottom.

That said, I made these this winter. Their beach towels from Costco....cost about $40. Fitted to each piece of the engine cover, strapped & velcroed underneath. I still need to have the holes cut & hemed for the latches.

IMG_20150510_095514917_HDR_zpsfs9fxvud.j

The idea came from a guy in Cali who had a company called Primal covers. He's now out of business. I talked to him a couple years ago & he had a tough time keeping up with all the changing designs of all the manufacturers.

• Like 2

I don't have the strict rule, but don't make a habit of wearing shoes either. The boat is 10 years old & only one seam is pulling apart, on the starboard rear corner seat bottom.

That said, I made these this winter. Their beach towels from Costco....cost about $40. Fitted to each piece of the engine cover, strapped & velcroed underneath. I still need to have the holes cut & hemed for the latches.

The idea came from a guy in Cali who had a company called Primal covers. He's now out of business. I talked to him a couple years ago & he had a tough time keeping up with all the changing designs of all the manufacturers.

Did you take that from your drone? [emoji6]

Nothing. Well, no shoes of course. Been walking all over and sitting them for years and they are still like new. They get skis (NO FINS!), kneeboards etc sat on them all the time.

Bare feet only accept for old people, and no skis or boards on the hatches. One side had a couple small cuts when I got it, pretty sure they are from wakeboard fins. That skin will be getting replaced anyways due to some wear from the hatch being misaligned.

Bare feet only accept for old people, and no skis or boards on the hatches. One side had a couple small cuts when I got it, pretty sure they are from wakeboard fins. That skin will be getting replaced anyways due to some wear from the hatch being misaligned.

I even make mother, to this day, take off her shoes. She still gripes. She is the worst at taking care of things, while I'm anal about all of it. She'd bring her car over dirty and it would annoy me so bad if end up washing and waxing it. Maybe her visits were by design

Make sure you have washed those towels MANY times before letting those get wet against your vinyl. Cheaper towels with lots of colors like the ones at Costco and Sam's can have a tendency to bleed colors.

Make sure you have washed those towels MANY times before letting those get wet against your vinyl. Cheaper towels with lots of colors like the ones at Costco and Sam's can have a tendency to bleed colors.

Yep, ran them thru several wash & dry cycles before I started.

I would hardly call these cheap. They are the thickest, plushest terrycloth I could find anywhere.

Oh, by the way, we run foils across the interior all the time, and still don't have any rips or tears as a result.