Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is this for ?

I have a 2014 VTX and I am trying to figure out what this allen nut is between the gas cap and the cleat on the port side of the boat.

Thanks for your help.

post-26511-0-26867500-1431913548_thumb.j

I'm sorry to be so thick on this , I am only referring to the round allen nut above the rub rail. You say there is a filter in there, if I unscrew it, is it a fuel filter ?

I'm sorry to be so thick on this , I am only referring to the round allen nut above the rub rail. You say there is a filter in there, if I unscrew it, is it a fuel filter ?

That is the vent - there should be a screen filter in there that can be cleaned if the need arises. They put it there since air is sucked in through the vent as fuel is used and small debris could get sucked in with the air clogging the vent eventually.

75371.jpg

Seachoice Fuel Tank Vent Flush 90 Deg SCP-23061

316 Stainless Steel

On the exterior, they have a smooth edge over the competition. Unlike some others, there is no protruding cap to cause damage - or be damaged by hull bumps and scrapes. Cap unscrews with hex head wrench for easy cleaning of filter and pressure testing of entire fuel system.

Hose: 5/8 ID

Max Hull Thickness: 7/8"

Hole: 1-3/8"

Edited by oldjeep

I have a 2014 VTX and I am trying to figure out what this allen nut is between the gas cap and the cleat on the port side of the boat.

Thanks for your help.

The fitting above the rail is fuel tank vent

fuel tank vent ? Those are the two below the rub rail aren't they ?

two fittings below rail are ballast.

taking the allen out wont effect ballast