Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lemon?

usualsuspect355

After reading most commits from the peanut gallery sounds like the crowd is being kind of brutal on this guy even after his bad string of luck. As far as the hose coming off I can state from personal experience this happens to the best of us. I went through the un-winterization steps, did slow break in, and even did a couple of "quick" sets to make sure everything was tightened. Turns out although the hose was on and hose clamp was there it was never tightened, so when powering across big lake it popped off. My alarms never kicked off, but thankfully i am paranoid enough that i thought it sounded "off", so dropped her back down to idle to see what was up.

Sounds like your dealership is awesome. I know that you would be hard pressed to get the MN dealership to provide you anything near that service. That said my experience with our cabin WI dealer is the complete opposite. They back up their work 110%, so i would definitely try to preserve that relationship if possible!

Lastly- EVERYONE here would be PO if they had a crack as he mentioned after they just spent a house down payment on a boat. Sadly, i think your SOL on that one.

• 4 years later...

Guess I never finished my story. Touchscreen had to be replaced and malibu gave me 25% for all my troubles.  My boat was out of warranty at 4 yrs even tho the 1st summer was a joke. Kept boat another 2 summers before moving on to a formula 382 with twin 500's. Love it, love it love it! Will never recommend a malibu even tho I know of numerous wonderful malibus.  Mine was POS

10 hours ago, usualsuspect355 said:

Guess I never finished my story. Touchscreen had to be replaced and malibu gave me 25% for all my troubles.  My boat was out of warranty at 4 yrs even tho the 1st summer was a joke. Kept boat another 2 summers before moving on to a formula 382 with twin 500's. Love it, love it love it! Will never recommend a malibu even tho I know of numerous wonderful malibus.  Mine was POS

You obviously were not interested in water sports, the whole point of owning a Malibu or any wake boat, if you traded is for a go-fast.  

• Like 3

Man what a great read over a cup of coffee this am! How did I miss this back in 15??? Lol

almost went to lon levels from wake world forums! Lol

reality is it makes me grateful  to have a great boat ( knock on wood) and a responsive great dealer ! 

Edited by smuurph84