Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview crapping out...

Trying to avoid taking my 2013 vtx into the dealer who is an hour and a half away. Looking for a solution to my Maliview screen (the top middle screen) not working properly. It is blank or goes blank unless I put pressure on it right in the middle of the screen. When I remove the pressure, it usually goes blank again - immediately. Sometimes the screen continues to work, but it inevitably blanks out again until I reapply pressure.

This to me suggests its a connection issue - like its not getting power unless the pressure is applied. It doesn't appear to be the RCA cord. I pulled it and then applied pressure and I got a blank blue screen (the blank screen I'm getting is grey). When I plugged it back in and applied pressure, I could see the display. So the RCA cord appears to work. I can feel two harnesses attached to the back of the screen, but I can't unplug them by feel - don't know what they do. I tried to remove the screen to see in behind, but I can't get the front plastic trim piece out. I can get it out at the top, but it appears to be attached from behind at the bottom and I don't want to try and force it as I'm scared I'll break it.

Any thoughts other than take it to the dealer?

And yes, I realize all of you with older boats or axis like your analog gauges because you don't have to worry about these issues and they're easy to replace - so no need to reiterate here.

Otherwise, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS. When I apply pressure and can see the screen, everything functions - I can choose a preset, set cruise or jump between the different screens (cruise, pre-sets, gauges, set-up, etc.), and when it blanks out it doesn't affect driving or anything - I just can't see anything (like my speed, depth, wedge position, etc.). So the boat goes, but I'm driving blind to some extent.

Thanks again.

Best to get it checked & more than likely, replaced under warranty.

If you manage to get it sorted in the meantime & you have the same re occurring issue out of warranty, it will cost you a lot more than an hour & half each way inconvenience

Yea man, take it to dealer and get it fixed while under warranty. Have them order part ahead of time and swap it out and tow it back home...one shot deal. My guess is you just have a bad screen that needs replaced.