Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15 LSV Wake or Diamond Hull for surfing

VTXcess

I'm wondering how the surf wake changes from a 2015 LSV 23 Diamond Hull to the Wake Hull. I understand the difference at speed when skiing or wakeboarding. I would like to hear some comments on how the surf wake is affected from Diamond to Wake at surf speed.

I'm wondering how the surf wake changes from a 2015 LSV 23 Diamond Hull to the Wake Hull. I understand the difference at speed when skiing or wakeboarding. I would like to hear some comments on how the surf wake is affected from Diamond to Wake at surf speed.

You will get mixed feelings about diamond vs wake hull on here. Some will say they swear they can tell a difference in the surf wake. I'm not convinced that that statement is true though. I have the diamond hull on my 2014 23lsv (same hulls as the 15s) and I can still make a pretty awesome surf wake. I've had many people complement me on my surf wake, some with the wake hull. I will say, though, there is a difference at speed. The diamond hull doesn't make the 23lsv make a great slalom wake, but it is better than the slalom wake with the wake hull.

• Like 1

When all stock ballast is full and 750's in the rear lockers; do you think the Diamond hull boat rides different the Wake hull boat at surf speed. I'm referring to the pitch of the boat.

Not at all at surf speeds, the diamond really shines at cruising speeds, with better handling and less spray. Wake board wake might be a scosh better with th other hull, if you are at a high level of skills. I have owned both, and would get the diamond .

• Like 1

There is a marked difference in handling at speed. It's like the boat suddenly drops 1000 lbs at a certain speed. Steering becomes light, boat turns on a dime and I am willing to bet uses a lot less fuel.

Great for skiing but also good for extended lake crossings. No loss in surf wave and maybe Some loss in wakeboard.

I set out looking for a wake hull, ended up with a diamond, and don't regret it.