Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme props

Sp8102

Anyone know if it would be better to run the 2315 or the 2419 acme prop on a 13 vlx? I see a lot of people Using the 2315 but wakemakers has the 2419 listed as the torque prop.

Better yet, go with the group buy on the OJ propellers going on now. OJ 945 is performing similar to the 2315 as tested by a few fellow members.

I have 350... 600s in the rear and 650 in the bow...All 4 MLS tanks full and wedge 2-3 clicks up. I have the 1235 and it planes but I need a spare prop so I was gonna get the torque prop and use the 1235 as the spare

Edited by Sp8102

You will lose slightly less top end speed with the 2315. I have a lot of experience with that prop and it is sweet

If you are already doing everything you need to or close to it with the 1235 then I see no reason to go beyond the 2315 to the 2419

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 2

I have a 14 vlx and I had the 1235 on it and it was good, but I just went too the 2419 as I wanted a spare prop and wow! It was way more difference than I was expecting. I am super happy with it and can't imagine you being disappointed with it.

2419 turns your boat into a tug boat. You can drag a house through the lake with that thing. Top speed will be around 32-34. The days of hitting 40 are gone with that prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Doc. I have a 14 VLX w/ the 350. I run full MLS, 750's in back, 1000# bow sac, wedge 2 clicks and the 2315 is the ticket. I have my 1235 as a back up now. We run at 2100 ft elev. Ive never run the 2419, but I think it will be a bit much IMO. It will definately get the job done tho if thats what you decide to do.

Edited by Chilldawg
  • 5 months later...

I'd go 2315 -- 2 of my friends are running that on 14 VLX's and are happy. If it's not enough you can always have a 2315 re-cupped to make it a 2419 at a good prop shop. The only difference is .105 cup vs .060 cup which makes the 2419 run 150-200 rpm higher.

I created an Acme prop comparison guide last year for choices like this:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50088-acme-v-drive-prop-comparison-guide/?hl=%2Bacme+%2Bprop

I should probably see if Acme has added any new props over the last several months. I'm also in the market, as the wife killed our spare and not looking to repair it.