Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need dimensions for bimini top 1988 Malibu Skier / No tower

miked272

I'm a new member, and I hope someone can help. I need to purchase a bimini top for my 1988 Malibu skier and the boat is docked 2 hrs away so I can't take measurements. Stock boat, 300 hrs (beautiful boat) no tower, removable "10 Foot Pole pylon" for wakeboarding. Any suggestions of width/height top I should purchase? Brands? I can't find any dimensions / specs online and have called Malibu but they were no help at all. Thanks!

Edited by miked272

Dont know if it will work with your pylon but I bought one for my 91 from iboats.com. dimensions are 67-72 inches wide. This mounts to the top of the gunwale. 30 to 36 inches tall(that was tournament boat height). And 5 foot length. I ordered in sharkskin plus and opted for the free bimini boot.

Hope this helps

Thanks Jordy! I found one that should fit the bill and they will exchange if it doesn't fit. I appreciate your quick reply and sharing your experience. Cheers!!!

Call Great Lakes Boat Top in Venore, TN:

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com

15 Quality Circle

Vonore, TN 37885

877-867-7861 or 423-884-6761

When I was there to see the operation last month they told me that they have every pattern stored for every boat they've made a bimini or cover for since the mid 1980s. The can pull up the dimensions, etc. and make a new cover or bimini without seeing your boat or having you take measurements (but you may want to just to verify).

Dont know if it will work with your pylon but I bought one for my 91 from iboats.com. dimensions are 67-72 inches wide. This mounts to the top of the gunwale. 30 to 36 inches tall(that was tournament boat height). And 5 foot length. I ordered in sharkskin plus and opted for the free bimini boot.

Hope this helps

I bought this same one with Jordy's help for my 91 Skier but in Sunbrella. If I get a chance, I'll get a pic uploaded.

You can have any bimini modified for your 10 ft pole. Any upholstery shop can do one of two things. They can cut a round hole and put and edging on it or they can sew in a zipper that you can open up and put it through or close it when you want. I had mine first done with the round hole and it never bothered me when the pole was not up.