Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Clock setting on 2015 VLX

New to the site. Just purchased a new VLX. I seem to get everything OK, except the blasted clock. The time is wrong, am/pm doesn't work, and when I go to the 24 hr setting it just shows weird unrelated numbers. Anyone have any helpful hints or ideas. The instruction manual is not working for me.

I'm having the same problem; I even hooked up a GPS antenna to the 7" display/computer to try to get it to read clock signal from there. The problem seems to be in the RFX6000-FX and there isn't any relevant help in the Fockford-Fosgate manual. I tried talking to Malibu and the guys there aren't sure how to change it. I'm going to call Rockford-Fosgate today to see if I can get anything out of them, but I think it may be a Medallion/Viper issue.

BTW: Did you get the iPod cable with your boat? The one that plugs in to the connector in the glove box?

Yup, I tried those instructions with no luck... They're not 100% accurate either: there isn't a ZONE option, but the rest of the stuff is there. I've got "call Rockford Fosgate" on my to do list, but I don't know when I'll get to it; hopefully today.

I don't know if it works the same as my 13, but once you set the clock if you ever turn off the battery the clock just needs to be reset. I wouldn't;t waste your time messing with it.

OK, here's what I did and it ended up working but I'm not really sure how:

switch system to line input

quick press select (see BAS = 00, etc)

long press select (see random time 12:34 AM) volume dial changes between random time, EUROPE, CHINA

quick press select to 12/24 hour

quick press display to see the clock

long press display to get the clock (hours) blinking

use <| and |> on the 7" display to change the hour (it didn't work via the volume knob rotate or << >> click)

quick press display to change to minutes

quick press display and you're back to the clock outside of settings

When I did this it changed from AM to PM with my time settings; I was trying to change the clock in the ZONE setting previously. It looks like Medallion has some bad programming in the display variable for the ZONE: AMERICA part of the controller.

I may have to make a short video since this was so darn confusing. Once you get past the ZONE error, the instructions start to make a little bit of sense.

Edited by mikeo
fixed misspelling

Mikeo, I never received the cable. I'll have to call my dealer. I'll have to try those helps. Seems like a lot of work.

I set the clock and then needed to go deal with other business today so I turned off the master battery switch in the boat and... I thought one of numerous wires run directly to one of my batteries was for the radio head "memory" but I wasn't that lucky. When I got back in the boat this evening and turned on the master battery switch the clock was totally wrong again.

I'll investigate where the "memory" wire goes; The manual (not available from Rockford Fosgate, but luckily on the Crutchfield website) shows it's the yellow wire on the 12 pin connector.

• 3 years later...
On 5/15/2015 at 1:28 PM, mikeo said:

OK, here's what I did and it ended up working but I'm not really sure how:

switch system to line input

quick press select (see BAS = 00, etc)

long press select (see random time 12:34 AM) volume dial changes between random time, EUROPE, CHINA

quick press select to 12/24 hour

quick press display to see the clock

long press display to get the clock (hours) blinking

use <| and |> on the 7" display to change the hour (it didn't work via the volume knob rotate or << >> click)

quick press display to change to minutes

quick press display and you're back to the clock outside of settings

When I did this it changed from AM to PM with my time settings; I was trying to change the clock in the ZONE setting previously. It looks like Medallion has some bad programming in the display variable for the ZONE: AMERICA part of the controller.

I may have to make a short video since this was so darn confusing. Once you get past the ZONE error, the instructions start to make a little bit of sense.

This worked for me. Excellent thanks. Now I need to run a wire from the stereo unit memory direct to one of the battery So I don't have to go through this again.

Edited by Patrice Forest

On an other subject, is it possible to jump between music folders on a USB stick or SD card? the 7" screen show "Skip +/-10" not very helpful. Also No data are shown on the display (Song name, or folder name). Anyone with the same issue?