Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mini Stereo Install

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Finally finished my mini, in respect to most of yours ;), stereo upgrade. Went with a PPI900.5 to power the stock RF in boats and 10" Kicker Comp Sub. Quite impressed with how it sounds for a cheap build!

Still want to add either BT or transom remote, maybe both. Oh, and I am going to put a switch at the helm to be able to turn the stereo on/off without having the whole dash on.

I want to say thanks to shawndoggy for being very helpful for my 100 questions!

image_14.jpg

image_25.jpg

image_26.jpg

• Like 3

I hate to tell you, but you need to flip your blue power cable/fuse setup. The fuse needs to right off the battery/switch as its job is to protect the boat, not the amp. You've got 4 ft of unprotected 4ga cable.

ahopkins22LSV

I hate to tell you, but you need to flip your blue power cable/fuse setup. The fuse needs to right off the battery/switch as its job is to protect the boat, not the amp. You've got 4 ft of unprotected 4ga cable.

Hmm, crap. Well I guess the good news is I think I have enough spare cable to be able to do that tucked behind the battery. Will be close.

Thank you though!