Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sirius activate question

jimbisch

Looking for alittle advice regarding Sirius radio activation on 2013 24 lsv

When I turn on radio and try to select a mod for Sirius all I get is aux, no conn, and am/fm bands...

I cannot seem to locate the radio ID or tune to any Sirius channels at all....

Any ideas? Shouldn't the satellite pick up a feed automatically and or what mode is it supposed to be selected on... The manual select mod and Sirius should appear but obviously for me does not...

Guess I will call singleton marlin dealer tomorrow and see what they say...

Thank in advance for any help... Jim

does your boat have a sirius tuner installed? If not you only have a "sirius capable" stereo. You need an additional piece (the tuner and antenna) in order to actually use sat radio.

• Like 1

I was trying to send a pic from iPad but it is too large.... I have a Sirius antenna on starboard side up towards bow right past windshield and in the compartment with the batteries on side wall is the Rockford fosgate setup and right below one of them is a Sirius SCCI device.... So I think I have the equipment but maybe I am missing something.. Thanks

I was trying to send a pic from iPad but it is too large.... I have a Sirius antenna on starboard side up towards bow right past windshield and in the compartment with the batteries on side wall is the Rockford fosgate setup and right below one of them is a Sirius SCCI device.... So I think I have the equipment but maybe I am missing something.. Thanks

yep that's all you need. the scc1 needs to be plugged into the black box with a single thick-ish cord. make sure it's plugged in. might also try power cycling the black box by completely disconnecting it from battery power and reconnecting it to see if that forces some kind of reboot.

• 1 month later...

I had and was using Sirius then it dissapeared from my head unit option. Only Aux and AM FM shows now. Looks like a disconnection of cable or is there any other possible cause. I doubt its unplugged because i just rewired all of it this winter and tapped all connections securely. My luck Rockford Fosgate help line people from their website are off till after the 4th of July.

Mine has done that once too. I powered everything down and disconnected power from the black box and pulled and reseated both ends of the sirius box cable and powered back up. That got me working again.

I know just switching off battery switch did nothing to help.

But the black box should be hooked up "around" the switch (yellow goes to B+ constant). That's how come you don't lose your presets and clock.

But the black box should be hooked up "around" the switch (yellow goes to B+ constant). That's how come you don't lose your presets and clock.

I stand corrected, my presets do stay put even after putting switch in off position. Now to find the easiest way to completely power black box down? Don't want to have to disconnect both batteries at terminals, that's a pain.

• 10 months later...
On 7/3/2015 at 5:09 PM, dalt1 said:

I stand corrected, my presets do stay put even after putting switch in off position. Now to find the easiest way to completely power black box down? Don't want to have to disconnect both batteries at terminals, that's a pain.

Did you get yours figured out? I am having same problem and battery disconnect did not work for me. 

20 hours ago, SnubNose said:

Did you get yours figured out? I am having same problem and battery disconnect did not work for me. 

Mine did come back on. Don't know what did it, just showed back up.

2 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Mine did come back on. Don't know what did it, just showed back up.

Hmm I disconnected both batteries and mine still won't come up. It has never come up on fosgate interface yet though. Any suggestions ?