Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raised my seat 2015 LSV

bunji169

I'm sure someone could but it wouldn't be me. You could probably cut the Malibu seat base flush to the floor and this would cover all of it so it wouldn't show. Man that would be cool. I test drove the Supra SE and SC both with these bases. It was like magic. Adjust every possible way. If only I had bigger balls.

Edited by bunji169

Not sure why Malibu still does not offer this...probably will be on 2016 models :-( that is not a bad price either. I'm in one, let's order a couple and make it work.

Holy Crap, look what I stumbled onto. If only the factory Malibu seat base wasn't molded into the fiberglass......... This should be on every new Malibu.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/moomba-supra-111131-garelick-77007-75-heavy-duty-marine-boat-seat-suspension-swivel-slide-lever-height-system

My buddy has a 2013 supra 350SA and it has the seat that goes up and down. I love it when I drive his boat because I can get set where I can see comfortably without a damn bolster seat. Malibu nearly lost me to supra because of this single feature, but at the end of the day the surf wave won me back.

Not sure why Malibu still does not offer this...probably will be on 2016 models :-( that is not a bad price either. I'm in one, let's order a couple and make it work.

I'll help you with yours first and we'll see how it goes. [emoji12]

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

• Like 1

Looks like he just lowered price to $225 or best offer w/Free Shipping. I think it looks factory. As much as I'm a DIY guy, some things just look ghetto. As proud as I am of my quick fix to the seat height, It just looks a little funky. I think this box base will look awesome. Especially since my seat base is already black. Now I'm excited to get it..

Says he has 2 left in auction but I'm sure he can make more..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181689933318

I have this one. For me 4" was slightly too high (2.5" or 3" would have been perfect), but I'd rather have the better view out the front and feel some wind, than be too low or perched on the bolster.

It does surprise me that Malibu doesn't have seat height adjustment (I was sort of hoping it would be one of the 2015 model year improvements), but this box is very well made, and the guy selling them is really helpful and good to deal with. As has been said before, if you are worrying at the $225, just think how much Malibu would charge if it was in the options list! These boats are so expensive now, that a few hundred on getting the seat position improved seems like a good investment.

Holy Crap, look what I stumbled onto. If only the factory Malibu seat base wasn't molded into the fiberglass......... This should be on every new Malibu.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/moomba-supra-111131-garelick-77007-75-heavy-duty-marine-boat-seat-suspension-swivel-slide-lever-height-system

Looks like what supra is using. Would be great to have it on a Malibu, only concern is all that steel inside a rubber boot. I'm guessing a lot of rust over time. Edited by oldjeep

They are super easy to install, only thing to watch out for is to not scratch the gelcoat on the seat base with the track studs like I did.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49982-newer-malibu-seat-riser/?hl=%2Bseat+%2Briser

It's not rocket surgery, but I didn't find it to be "super easy" ... you have one arm in the box from the stern end of the boat and one end through the seat base hole from the bow.... and unless your arms are super long your face is pressed against the box while you hug the seat base tightening everything blind.

It's not rocket surgery, but I didn't find it to be "super easy" ... you have one arm in the box from the stern end of the boat and one end through the seat base hole from the bow.... and unless your arms are super long your face is pressed against the box while you hug the seat base tightening everything blind.

You have to be smarter than the box ;) You just put the wrench inside the box and let it rotate to press against one of the sides. No reason to have a hand on it while you are securing the base nuts.

Edited by oldjeep

Mine didn't come with hardware. Had to use tapered (oval head) philips screws because that's what was available. so holding stubby philips in the box, ratchet in the seat base.

Nobody ever accused me of being smarter than a box tho.

Mine didn't come with hardware. Had to use tapered (oval head) philips screws because that's what was available. so holding stubby philips in the box, ratchet in the seat base.

Nobody ever accused me of being smarter than a box tho.

Mine was the prototype but came with allen head countersunk screws and nylocks to attach the box to the base.

Ad says that they come with - maybe doc lost them?

Edited by oldjeep

I'll help you with yours first and we'll see how it goes. [emoji12]

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

I say whoever can make that adjustable seat work gets tmc install of the year! That would be sooooo nice!

Edited by Fman

I sure like the look of that storage box, I just may have to get one for my '15 LSV. I can see just fine so far (I'm 6') but my wife is going to have issues seeing (she's 5'4"). I put a motorcycle jack under the seat in my '04 with some springs to assist with the "up" and just sat in the seat to assist with down.

This is what I used with a knob from McMaster:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1100-LB-Mini-Scissor-Lift-Jack-ATV-Motorcycle-Dirt-Bike-Scooter-Crank-Stand-/231417900088?hash=item35e194ec38&item=231417900088&vxp=mtr

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures and I sold the boat last year so I could buy the '15

Good to see I'm not the only compulsive one! Just ordered one that should be delivered next week.

What's another 200 bucks to be able see! :surprised:

Would be nice if they made them in different colors

This forum is beginning to get expensive!!

• Like 1

Good to see I'm not the only compulsive one! Just ordered one that should be delivered next week.

I think that you can actually PM him and ask him to make you one that is a different color if you are willing to wait. Pretty sure that the one doc bought was red, if it wasn't then I know I saw a picture of a red one at one point last year.

Decent guy to work with.

Edited by oldjeep

I've dropped nearly 1500 bucks since joining this damn forum, my wife is not happy because she's talking me off the ledge daily now.... :cry::drool::crazy::Doh::frantic: