Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raised my seat 2015 LSV

bunji169

post-9687-14316342942516_thumb.jpg

I used 4 1ft pieces of 2.5" square aluminum. Stacked 2 on each side for a 5"lift. Painted black. I'm searching for square end caps but it it a huge difference being 5" higher.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

Each was 2.5". Blue Collar Supply. They were scrap already 12" long. It was just under $20 for all 4. I think 2.5 would be a good height. 5" May be a little too much. But my wife is short.

Agreed, this is going to be something I do before end of summer, having difficulties already with my height and tired of sitting on a bolster all day..

I installed the seat raise box that doc so graciously tucked into the lsv when he sent her my way. It looks really nice and fits well but man does it make the seat high. Even with the bolster down I think I'm looking over the windshield all the time. and I'm NOT tall. My short wife really likes it tho and that's what's important.

• Like 2

Great Job! Its awesome you have the guts to mod out a brand new boat! Although I can't help but think...

You would imagine that a boat in that price range this day in age would have an adjustable seat that can rise up or down...

Here's to hoping 2016 brings on that sort of "game changer." Until then - it looks great! Now if only I could figure out how to take the seat apart on my 2005 to add that riser I purchased...

I installed the seat raise box that doc so graciously tucked into the lsv when he sent her my way. It looks really nice and fits well but man does it make the seat high. Even with the bolster down I think I'm looking over the windshield all the time. and I'm NOT tall. My short wife really likes it tho and that's what's important.

I've got the same box, prefer to be looking over the windshield and with the bolster up my wife can too.

I did it on my 2010 and loved it, I went 5 inches and that was just a bit to tall, I still have it and may have my buddy cut it down to 3" still have not decided to install on my new 2015, IMG_4498JPG2_zps762fa7f8.jpg

post-9687-14316542891403_thumb.jpg

Dang it!! I looked at the auction to post link and with my compulsive nature, I bought one. Just thought, "Man that looks so much better than what I did.."

Edited by bunji169

Great work! This is a necessary addition in my opinion.

I forked out the money and bought the ebay "Malibu" riser because I just couldn't find the time to try to design my own late last summer. But whatever method someone takes to raise the seat, you will not regret it when surfing so you can see over the bow.

Looks like he just lowered price to $225 or best offer w/Free Shipping. I think it looks factory. As much as I'm a DIY guy, some things just look ghetto. As proud as I am of my quick fix to the seat height, It just looks a little funky. I think this box base will look awesome. Especially since my seat base is already black. Now I'm excited to get it..

New Listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Boat-Driver-seat-lift-for-2011-and-up-Gives-the-drivers-seat-a-4-lift-/181746452624?hash=item2a50eec890

Edited by bunji169

Kevin, where did you pick the alum up at? I am considering 2"...would one tube raise it 2.5" or 2"? You mentioned 5" with two of them stacked on each other.

If you want, you are welcome to a couple of the pieces of square tubing I used as soon as I get the box to replace them...

Edited by bunji169

How do you think it would look with only one each side (rather than double stacked). I was also thinking about maybe having them rhino lined or powder coated...

I think it would look great. You probably wouldn't even be able to see them if it was only 1 on each side instead of 2. With them double stacked they just stand out a little too much. I'll give you two to mess with as soon as I get the box.

Damn, 225 is a lot more than 40 bucks and my time, but it looks so well made and with a brand new boat, I don't want it to look cheap. This really is a problem for me, so I may have to spring for this.. damn damn damn....... <Bring out Another Twohundredfifty>

Damn, 225 is a lot more than 40 bucks and my time, but it looks so well made and with a brand new boat, I don't want it to look cheap. This really is a problem for me, so I may have to spring for this.. damn damn damn....... <Bring out Another Twohundredfifty>

That's what I was sayin and before I knew it, I bought the damn thing... I figure if the factory came out with a seat lift option it would be more than $225. And we all know if that option shows up on the 2016, Malibu aint gunna be sellin it to us old boat owners...

• Like 2

Thanks I appreciate it, I will give you a few bucks for them. Let me know and I can swing by while at work and pick them up :-)

No money necessary. I'll prob get the box next week sometime. Can I get a ride in the Fire Truck?????? jk

• Like 2