Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15 Interior Base Color Which Do You Have?

klewislx

We ordered white for our Interior Base color.

When we walked up to the boat for the first time both my wife and I commented at the same time that it didn't look like the white we remember seeing at the show. It didnt even look off white, it looked yellowish.

Does anyone have white in their boat they could post a pic of for comparison? Or one of the other lighter color options like the Platinum or Moonbeam as another comparison?

I know pics are hard to tell, as it is in the one below, but I just want to make sure we aren't crazy before I say something to the dealership. We are open to the idea that we are wrong and 3-4 months of time since picking the colors has left our memory fuzzy.

If anyone has an opinion based on this picture let me know.

Thanks!

Lewis%2024MXZ%20Delivery%205-12-15%202-1

We went white base, moonbeam and black. I like to call it vanilla white, and as your boat ages in the sun it will lighten up. I had light graphite on my last boat and it was scorching hot on your feet, so far this interior mix has been great on the feet. I also don't notice any color difference between the M grain and smooth. I guess if you stare at something long enough you can start to see imperfections in anything....

20150210_100137_zpsgekqgyja.jpg

20150210_100319_zps8hnvtub7.jpg

Edited by Fman

I have 'white', moonbeam & blue in my 2015 23 LSV (I'll take pics this weekend).

I had exactly the same experience as you did, the white was a yellowish white and not the bright clean white I was expecting. I was disappointed and spoke directly to Malibu who confirmed I had the right 'white', and not some mistake. I am used to it now, but at the time I was a bit disappointed.

On top of that there was an actual mistake as on the cushion panels I had ordered moonbeam, and actually got blue to match the accents. Malibu sorted that to my satisfaction though.

When I order up a boat, I'm careful not to put white gel coat up against the "off" white vinyl.

See these pics of my old boat. Notice how much whiter the vinyl looks with no white gel coat to compare it to. It's an optical illusion.

20140814_100346_zpsqtdxnode.jpg

20140814_100222_zpscon1uoxw.jpg

• Like 2