Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Out with the old, in with the new (Tundra...not F150)

jtrovato

Its tough to beat a Toyota, I have an older 2004 Sequoia, 102k miles on it now, been towing for 7 years with it and it still just keeps going... my next rig will more than likely be a new Tundra, would definitely take one over an F150 all day... They are really nice looking trucks....congrats!

Thanks for the compliments. I actually did price out a new F150 and a new Chevy Silverado just to see how they compared. Both of them ended up in the mid-50s by the time I had all the same options this Tundra has. It's crazy how much the prices of trucks have gone up over the last 5-10 years. This is my 3rd Toyota, went from a 2006 Tacoma to the 2010 Tundra, and now this. Never had any issues with any of them and always get compliments on them.

Thanks for the compliments. I actually did price out a new F150 and a new Chevy Silverado just to see how they compared. Both of them ended up in the mid-50s by the time I had all the same options this Tundra has. It's crazy how much the prices of trucks have gone up over the last 5-10 years. This is my 3rd Toyota, went from a 2006 Tacoma to the 2010 Tundra, and now this. Never had any issues with any of them and always get compliments on them.

Of the 3 you looked at, I think you got the best one. However, you skipped looking at the best 1/2 ton option ;) It is crazy the difference in price between a moderately optioned truck and the decked out ones. My 09 Ram CC SLT cost 27K off the lot, and I recall the Laramies that had a ton of junk I didn't want being an extra 10K

How did the fuel economy compare?

Nice purchase! Was it not available to get the color matched grille and bumper factory? I looked at the tundra myself but as many miles as I drive the fuel economy turned me away.

Color matched grille and bumper only comes with the TRD Pro or Platinum models, can't get it on the limited. I can buy the parts from those models and swap them out and sell the chrome pieces and recoup a lot of the cost. Might end up costing me a few hundred in the end.

Edited by jtrovato

Color matched grille and bumper only comes with the TRD Pro or Platinum models, can't get it on the limited. I can buy the parts from those models and swap them out and sell the chrome pieces and recoup a lot of the cost. Might end up costing me a few hundred in the end.

Looks good the way it is. Painted grills - especially white are terrible to clean the bugs off of. Bad enough on my truck just cleaning them off the white piece between the grill and bumper.

Congrats! Good lookin truck!

I've been driving a Tundra for 5 years now with zero regrets. They are a beast! Come on over to the TundraTalk forum for anything and everything you'll ever need to know. We help you spend your money too!

I'll turn 200k on my 07, most likely next month.

Edit:

I really like the crew cab that the OP just bought, I just wish they could make it with a six foot bed.

Edited by LS-One
  • Like 1

90k miles on my 2010 Tundra.... And I tow with it all over 8-9k lb loads. Not a single warranty, QAQC or unscheduled maintenance issue yet. Nothing. Oil, filters, tires, brakes and a battery after 5yrs. Terrific trucks, that 5.7L is a fantastic engine.

Congrats! Good lookin truck!

I've been driving a Tundra for 5 years now with zero regrets. They are a beast! Come on over to the TundraTalk forum for anything and everything you'll ever need to know. We help you spend your money too!

I try to stay off of it, so that I can spend my money on boat purchases! I am thinking about adding the back up camera to my 2010 TSS just like the thread on the forum suggests.

What's a TSS? I added the backup camera to my 2010 Rock Warrior, it was real easy. All the wires were already there, I just bought a kit that I drilled into the tailgate handle, mounted it up and connected to factory harness in the tailgate, then mounted a new rear view mirror with screen in it and connected to factory harness in the headliner.

What's a TSS? I added the backup camera to my 2010 Rock Warrior, it was real easy. All the wires were already there, I just bought a kit that I drilled into the tailgate handle, mounted it up and connected to factory harness in the tailgate, then mounted a new rear view mirror with screen in it and connected to factory harness in the headliner.

The TSS is similar to the TRD package I think. Black mirrors, 20" rims, fog lights, chrome grill, billet door trim pieces, chrome exhaust tip, skid plate, and not sure what else. It does not have the TRD shocks

Oh ok, must be a regional thing, I don't think that package is available in the Northeast, because I've never heard of it and never seen it on any dealer lots.