Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"new" trailer issues

PeteMP

Hey,

Just had my new boat out for the first time and was able to check out the trailer. It is not in as good of shape as I hoped. The brakes seem to be flooded with water and seized up. Also the boat is a tight fit on the trailer, looks like the trailer is likely for a 21' boat( its a 23' xti). The other thing is it has larger wheels on the back then the front. 215/70/R14 on the front with 215/75/R14 on the rear, is this to are rake to the trailer?

any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2997.jpg
IMG_2998.jpg
IMG_3002.jpg

Could i go the rest of the season with it? Or should i look at fixing it up/selling it and buying a longer trailer ?

That trailer does look rough, sorry.

AFAIK the tire sizes should be the same, mine always have been. Someone probably just cheaped out when replacing a pair of them.

It might be my eyes playing tricks on my but it doesn't appear the boat is all the way on the trailer because the bow isn't resting on the bow stop?

I know if I don't crank my boat up enough and it's too far back it'll rock without anything to support the bow. Not saying that'll fix the issue but it should help at least.

Do you not have a title/registration for the trailer? It should list the info on it.

Is the boat hitting the fenders on the trailer?

Sorry, the pics aren't the best so I'm trying to help how I can.