Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babe's Boats Seat Soap

Crew,

I'm needing to do some "deep" cleaning on my seats. Sun tan oil, dirt, grim, etc. What do you recommend?

There are a few spots that are worn/faded. Is there anything that might bring the color back?

I see everyone raving about Babe's products. Are they as good as advertised?

TXbu

Babes is pretty good as a general cleaner / wipe down product for your vinyl... it smells AMAZING, which is why most folks like it.

If you have heavy duty vinyl cleaning to do, most folks recommend this stuff (see below). It's VERY strong, smells bad, and burns if you breath too much. But it works really well on tough vinyl stains. I would follow it with a good vinyl conditioner (Babes makes that too, and it also smells yummy)

There are LOTS of threads about this stuff on Wakeworld. It's available at most Dollar stores for $1.

Oh... and nothing will bring your color back if it's been faded by the sun.

140018479-1.jpg

Edited by IXFE

I have tried most everything, and discovered that having a soft brush does wonders, regardless of which cleaner you use. Scrub in small circles and the cleaner will just suck up the dirt.

I think the Totally awesome and the boat bling work a little bit better than the Babe's. The Totally Awesome is apparently the same thing as Malco leather and plastic cleaner, at least I think that is the conclusion we arrived at. I have a bottle of the malco at home that I use, and follow that up with some 303 protectant.

Tallredrider nailed it, a good vinyl cleaning brush is key. Any of the vinyl cleaners will work well. I use a cleaner called FOLEX spot remover, it's actually a carpet cleaner but works great on vinyl in combo with the brush. If it won't come out with the brush it's probably best to leave it and let the sun do its magic. Sometimes you can make it worse by over aggigating the area rather than just scrub it and let it be. The sun will work wonders on some stains..

Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce x 1,000,000. I managed to score it but one get one off a deal someone posted in deal street. I've found this stif to be AMAZING. If a microfiber and some elbow grease doesn't get it clean then I spray it on, use a brush and let it sit for a second then wipe it clean.

As a side note, vinyl sauce says it can be used on leather as well. I ventured into my wife's 10 year old Tahoe with it. The leather in it has really never been cleaned. Just imagine wife +2 kids in this thing. After about 45 minutes and a little scrubbing the seats in my wife's Tahoe look like they did 10 years ago. This stuff is great. I'll swear by it from now on.

Use it on leather huh? Might just give that a go

It says it right on the bottle.....tested a little spot that noone would see and let it dry out for an hour or two then went all in on the seats.