Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge issues

My power wedge will try to deploy then pop back to the up position. It never moved more than about a quarter of the gauge. Now that I am at home is there any way to test the wedge in my driveway to see what is going on?

There is a way, but its not very convenient... You can put it down like you would on the water and to bring it up someone has to go under the boat and spin the paddle wheel so the boat thinks it is moving. Then you can bring it up.

My paddle wheel is on the passenger side. If you look from inside the boat under the rear center cushion you will find it too. That is how I knew what to look for under mine. It is black plastic with a wire through it. From the underside you can't miss it next to prop shaft. Have some one spin it gently while you or someone else activates the wedge and you can watch it.

Edited by Dodger40

Take your air compressor, lower air pressure to 10 lbs and blow from a distance. Better yet give it 100 lbs and take a picture of your speedo . Ever seen a bu go 82 MPH.

• Like 4

Thanks guys. I will try this today. I am still having issues putting it down as well. Should it not deploy without spinning the paddlewheel?

My boat went to the dealer before I bought it to have it checked out and the wedge didn't work. It was the actuators being stuck from non use. $700 each. Hope this isn't your problem

Jason

My boat went to the dealer before I bought it to have it checked out and the wedge didn't work. It was the actuators being stuck from non use. $700 each. Hope this isn't your problem

Jason

Yikes... I hope not.

There is a way, but its not very convenient... You can put it down like you would on the water and to bring it up someone has to go under the boat and spin the paddle wheel so the boat thinks it is moving. Then you can bring it up.

Does this work if you have GPS Cruise?