Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis t22

Gator808

Hey guys,

I need your help. I am torn between going with a brand new axis t22, supreme s226, and centurion fs22. I would buy a used fs22 to get the price close to what the axis would be. I am still not so convinced that the surf wave on the axis is all that great. I could be wrong though. I know you guys are probably die hard axis fans and would love to seem some videos and know what kind of setup your running to get the best wave. I have seen a lot of the videos on youtube that I could find searching under axis t22 but I know you guys have to have some more. I also don't want bags on my seat or the floor to achieve this. I recently was behind a a24 and the wave was massive with a ton of ballast. It made me start to rethink axis. So please try to convince me!!! Thanks

Danny

Weren't you looking at an MXZ before? Or maybe that was someone else.

Can I ask your budget and is surf wave your number 1 priority? Why are you only looking at a T22 versus supreme versus Centurion? Just curioius

ahopkins22LSV

If you are questioning the wave then you need to demo it to be able to determine the wave for yourself. Waves are very subjective

I personally think the wave is very good with plug and play and some extra weight in the bow/walkway. It gets even better if you put extra weight in the cabin floor. But that requires a bag in the main seating area.

Weren't you looking at an MXZ before? Or maybe that was someone else.

Can I ask your budget and is surf wave your number 1 priority? Why are you only looking at a T22 versus supreme versus Centurion? Just curioius

I was considering the mxz but price is too high. I have only considered the 22ft boats because I need the boat to fit in my garage. A 23ft boat would be too close for comfort. I have a 8ft tall door and it's 25ft in length. My budget is noore than 75k. I can get a used fx22 around that but I can also get a brand new t22 for about 60k. The supreme falls in between those. I will be surfing 95% of the time. So if I can be convinced to save money and still have a solid wave I can progress on I will. But if I need to spend a little more to get a centurion that is proven I may just spend the extra cash. I would like to know from the average to above average surfers of the axis boat will sustain my interest. Any input from guys who have ridden the boats I listed are more than welcome to givee there two cents.

Yes they are pretty awesome

Are you considering any other options? Like a used SG boat or anything else? Just curious as to why you are limited to the centurion, supreme and axis

Nautique is Way too expensive, supra would be on the list but from what I've seen they are out of my price range, MB looks nice but I don't have a dealer anywhere close to me. And again it needs to fit in the garage with tower folded. I'm not a fan of mastercraft surf system either. I just got back from a big surfing event and rode behind pretty much every boat as well. Price point the axis is in the mix....but only if I feel like I would be happy on the wave.

I think you mistook the post, GD. Of course any Axis will have surfgate. We were just curious why the OP would limit himself to axis. A VERY nice used SG Malibu can be had for 75K. Not only is the fit and finish vastly superior to Centurion IMO, you get surfgate which allows easy setup on both sides.

Heck, he could buy Afun's ninja master for that price and get a sacked out surf machine that will throw a wave as big as any out there.

If I am correct, both the Supreme and the Centurion will need to be listed to get a surf wave? Or do they have the new surf system?

They have a surf system now but still the listed wave is a lot more powerful. I have not demoed the t22. I've only been behind a a24 with SG. It was huge but not a real defined lip. Could probably have went faster to see if it would create more of a lip but it wasn't a demo. Just a surfing event. I agree malibu's are very nice but I'm also looking for a great surf wave. I have aurfed behind a malibu 23lsv. It was pretty freaking big but not so much of a hard lip. And that boat won't fit in my garage lol

If you are looking for a hard lip on the Port side of a surfgate boat you will never find it. The dynamics of surfgate do not allow it.

The goofy side is another story. The starboard wave that SG creates is tremendous.

That is part of the reason I like the X-30 wave better than my 23 LSV. The port wave is stellar with a nice defined lip

That's good info bc I'm goofy footed! I may need to do different speed test though. When I was behind the lsv the lip wasn't as defined. Big wave though.

I have never surfed it but have a buddy that owns a T22 and he says the wave is very good (and I trust his judgement). That being said, they do run additional sacks. Ahopkins can speak to it as he did above

ahopkins22LSV

The goofy wave on the t22 is very good imo. Like I said above we do run 400 in the walkway which I feel is needed plus more in the cabin. But it would still be well worth a demo to get a feel for it. I have not surfed it with just stock and plug n play so I can't comment on that.

Bags on the floor is a deal breaker for me. So hopefully I'll like it without bags on the floor and just plug and play

i like it fine with just plug and play. :)