Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower pylon screw up

I decided the other day to unscrew the tower pylon off of my 01vlx. I went to put it back on today and it jammed about 1/2 inch into screwing it in. There's still about an inch of threads showing and I can't go anymore nor grip it to back it back out. Any tips?

I ended up using a pipe wrench. Not the best approach but I did get it cranked to about 1/4 where it should be. I will end up redoing it later but I'm sure I will have to rebuild it from scratch, drill it out and all.

Sounds like it galled on it's way in. Stainless bolt, billet threads? Hind sight being perfect, you should have used some anti-seize on it.

Getting it out might be tough. Stainless bolts are pretty soft & easy to break. Good luck.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky