Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plant Tour With Fellow Crew Members-Awesome!

Birm

P.S. I have to say, with all this negative talk about a certain dealer, I am quite pleased with how my dealer responded to the mistake that was made on ordering my boat. They have been very attentive to ensuring that I am happy, and have my boat in a timely manner. I am also giving them the benfefit of doubt, as I want to establish the best long term relationship with them possible. :)

That's the best route to go.

Give them some rope when things start to fray. The good dealers will take the rope and make the most of it. The bad ones tend to hang themselves.

If your dealer is doing a good job make sure you give them the kudos they deserve. Talk them up every chance you get, here on TheCrew and to all your friends. The best way to ensure your dealer stays a good dealer is to keep them in business :)

Good luck with your boat. There's still a lot of hurdles to go through - I'm sure you'll turn out well.

UWS in San Jose and their service center is the best I've experienced!

Except they still won't sell Titan...

(How's that Bryan???)

Actually it's true!

Pat

Dude I am glad to hear everything is coming together for you. Makes me feel better about mine getting sprayed(which was Thursday). I hope to be in mine by the 4th weekend. I am pretty sure my dealer would hook me up with a loaner if it is not, but still, my boat would be better. 10 days is what I was told, then delivery and prep. Yahoo.gif

I may still have a boat in time for NorCal WOW! I called the dealer to see if my boat was still on schedule for spray on Monday. They have been in contact with the factory, and this morning were told that the boat had been bumped up on the schedule and was going to be sprayed today. Yahoo.gif So, if it takes 10 days to build, 5 days of QC, 1 day of delivery (Dealer picks up), and 2 days of dealer prep, then I should have my boat on the 13th. Maybe I'll be doing my dealer water test on Friday the 14th at WOW!

P.S. I have to say, with all this negative talk about a certain dealer, I am quite pleased with how my dealer responded to the mistake that was made on ordering my boat. They have been very attentive to ensuring that I am happy, and have my boat in a timely manner. I am also giving them the benfefit of doubt, as I want to establish the best long term relationship with them possible. :)

I'm glad to see that they stepped up to the plate for you. I have only positive experiences with that dealer myself.

I'm sure you will hve you boat by WOW. Then we'll have to just break it in appropriately :)

I have only positive experiences with that dealer myself.

I stopped by the SJ UWS today... same experience good, fair people. KC

I have only positive experiences with that dealer myself.

I stopped by the SJ UWS today... same experience good, fair people. KC

Yes, but did you drive away with a new boat in tow? ? ? :)

Well how about another sad story.

I ordered a V-ride over 3 months ago.

Had a spray date for June 2.

I had a factory tour last week ( June 13th) and they said it must be out in the shipping area shrinked wrapped.

Talked to my dealer today and they told him that they haven't started it yet.

He is going to call them next week.( like he says, "he's just a middle man")

I have a houseboat rented for July 4th.

I would think ordering a boat in March would be enough time for summer.

My expierence buying a Malibu has been very bad.

You don't even want to get me started on this subject.

I could go on forever!!!!!

I wonder if anyone who reads this really cares about the customer!!!

Do they move boat spray dates up for certain people and us working class people get the left over spots.

WILL I EVER GET A BOAT??????

I had a factory tour last week ( June 13th) and they said it must be out in the shipping area shrinked wrapped.

Do they move boat spray dates up for certain people and us working class people get the left over spots.

Who's your dealer? Where do you live?

Did you put a deposit down? If so, get a refund ASAP, and start shopping for another boat. Maybe you can find a dealer with V-ride on the floor. My buddy in AZ just got a LOADED 06 VLX out of Vegas, for less than some guys are paying for a stripped down one. Just a thought.

Summer is to short for this kind of stuff......

Who's your dealer? Where do you live?

Did you put a deposit down? If so, get a refund ASAP, and start shopping for another boat. Maybe you can find a dealer with V-ride on the floor. My buddy in AZ just got a LOADED 06 VLX out of Vegas, for less than some guys are paying for a stripped down one. Just a thought.

Summer is to short for this kind of stuff......

This doesn't seem right. Do you have the P.O. number? Since my original spray date of the 6th was postponed a week, I can see how yours may have been as well. But, it should have been in produciton by now. Unfortunately if it has not been spryayed I don't see how you would have the boat by the 3rd of July. I wish you luck, but you may be best off at this point by trying to find a showroom boat with a few extra goodies.

Great news to hear things are working out for you. Malibu does go the extra mile to take care of the customer when errors happen, believe me, they've gone over the top to. There is no excuse for wrong colors it's clearly written up on the work order. In the event you still don't have the boat come on up we'll give ya a pull and so will many of the others.

The guys at Paradise Watersports in AZ have been awesome so far and I highly recommend talking with them.

My spray date was 6-12-06. I called Malibu on the 7th day and they told me it had been lake tested and was being waxed. I guess now I am waiting for quality testing and the rest of the truck to be full. It is so hard knowing it is done. I wish I could go pick it up.

Paradise Watersports says it should be here by the 4th weekend, but I'm not holding out.

Birm, your boat should be in QC! Any chance of having it this weekend ya think? :)

I won't have it for this weekend. Hopefully by next weekend, but definitely in time for Nor Cal WOW! Biggrin.gif

Birm, you should have gotten your boat. My spray date was the 15th and my boat came in yesterday. Of course, my dealer has to prep it, but I am going to get it today. Yahoo.gif I do live in Tennessee, I don't know if production times are different here. Sorry to hear your not gonna have your boat for the forth.

Birm,

I can't remember what boat you're driving now. Any chance/interest in a loaner/demo from the dealer ??

Not as good as having your own ride -- but thought I'd throw the idea out there fwiw.

Good luck - I hope you find a way to enjoy the long weekend!

Birm,

I can't remember what boat you're driving now. Any chance/interest in a loaner/demo from the dealer ??

Not as good as having your own ride -- but thought I'd throw the idea out there fwiw.

Good luck - I hope you find a way to enjoy the long weekend!

No worries here. The dealer is picking up the boat today. I already have plans for the fourth, so I don't need to pick up for this weekend....Besides, with the new boat I would rather spend a bit of time on the water with the dealer to go over things, and not feel rushed.

Well!!!!

The rushed mine and got it to me before the 4th.

I wished I would have let them take their time.

I ordered it 3-11-06 and got it last Friday afternoon.

Lets just say I have a paper and pencil with a long list.

Will probably be in the shop for a couple of weeks.

I'll keep everyone posted on how they hold up to the word

"DREAMS FULLFILLED"

MINE HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE

Small list

Racks will not fit in holes on one side

stiching in seat missing in one spot

bubble in gel coat

several scuffs on rub rails

polisher burned all the bottom of rubrail around boat

Most of all my factory tapped locations for speakers and racks have non uniform spacing. To mount the speakers the bracket had to be drilled out to make fit. And the pins on the board racks just barely fit. As a matter of fact only one of my racks will fit on one side. The other rack won't even come close. Has Metcraft hired Stevie Wonder?