Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Side Ballast Drain Pump not draining

saxton15

I have full MLS and plumbed in 750s in each locker. Out yesterday and filled up the surf side, no issues will filling and we were on our way. I decided to dump all the water as we wanted to head back in. All the pumps start draining and eventually my MLS shows that all tanks are clean. Obviously the boat is still leaning hard so I flip up the surf side locker and my 750 is still about 3/4 full. I started up the left locker drain pump again. This time the water is essentially spitting out the drain hole.

Any ideas? I checked my lines to make sure I have the correct set up: Shortest hose connected to the bottom port and up out the side of the boat, top port connected to the hard tank, second top port connected to the fill line.

I'm thinking the pump is bad, or I've connected the bags in incorrectly.

I had the same issue on mine, turned out the drain line from bag to ballast tank would kink when I filled the bags. Just shortened the line to make sure it would not bend or kink and never had a problem after that.

Just a thought

The ballast drain line to the tank from the sac should be plugged into the bottom right? Just looking at the lengths of all three lines and its a tight fit to pull it over to the bottom port.

Check for kinks in the hose. Another issue is that the hose could plugged with some sort of debris, spiders have been known to cause problems...

Got the ballast to drain properly. Had the lines reversed (vent,tank drain). Now my center tank is not filling, I think the impeller is finished. I can hear the pump turning on and off but not filling.