Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Boardie

13 VLX locker ballast issue

Boardie

I've got a 13 VLX with a standard prop. No hard tank in bow, just 1 in the center and 2 in the back. I've tried to put a 400 sack in each locker with a 740 'horseshoe' sack in the bow, with the wedge down and I cannot get it to plane off. I've thought about putting another 400 sack in the bow/center in the floor to try and help, but I'm scared the nose will dip in water and it being too much weight for the boat to handle. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fman

What prop on boat? 1235 or 2315? If you have a 1235, go up to the 15" 2315 and you should be fine.

wakebrdr94

Wedge all the way down? Or a few clicks up? Should be all the way down to get going, then adjust once at speed prop makes a difference as well as Fman mentioned. Had a 1235 prop on my 14, 750s in the rear and 700 in bow (no bow tank). Didn't have any issues. Had a 350 in the boat, I'm also at sea level

Sp8102

I have a 13 VLX have 600s in the rear and 650 in the bow. We have 4 MLS tanks all full. Acme 1235 prop and I don't have any trouble getting on plane. Wedge 2-3 clicks up.

Edited by Sp8102