Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dimensions for DIY gate?

DaDeuce

I did a search and came up empty. Are there any dimensions for a DIY gate that slides on and is mounted with a turn buckle? I have the tools and materials to make one, but I didn't know if there were published angles/length/width of the paddles people were using so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I will use my boat as a template for the boat side of the paddle.

When I measured all the gates at the dealership I found every one of them to be 18" high x 12" long. Except the 24" boats were 22" long.

• Like 1

I made mine out of 12x24" HDPE and the vertical portion is all of 24" long on the bottom side due to the stepped hull on my 2001. I had to cut it in an L shape to conform to the hull. That puts it right around 16" or so past the transom. I just eyeballed the angle. Make up a cardboard mock-up and kinda reference it against what's out there. I may throw some feedback out there once I've tried it. I made it over the winter and have only been on the lake once so far for a quick shake-down.

Now that I think about it, I think I may have my measurements backwards, I need to pull mine out, its tucked away in the boat & its too rainy to unwrap it

I have my dimensions and pictures posted over in the boat house if you want an idea of where I ended up. It is longer, and taller to tame the spray effects some guys were getting with the size you normally see from the web. Word of caution it is way over engineered because I thought I would want or need to tweek it some. It could very easily be built with 3/4" inch birch plywood, guerrilla glue, table saw, hand drill and poly urethane and perform just as well as my finished product.