Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ws420 faceplate faded

joshuadale07

I installed a ws420 equalizer last March. Used it all summer in the hot Texas heat. I noticed this spring the faceplate is faded and almost brown looking. When we are not at the lake the boat is stored inside my shop covered, so it really hasn't seen that much sun. Anyone else have this problem?

Typical for most black anodizing. Thats what they make covers for. Mine is 4 or 5 yrs old & still black.

Removing the faceplate & gettting it covered in paint or powdercoat wouldn't be too tough. And fade less.

What do you about the labeling then? Memorize it?

Ha! While thats true, I've never gotten my face down there close enough to read it anyway. Mine is mounted down under the dash. I pretty much just use the volume knob.

Anodizing is a time process. So the longer the part sits in the tank, the thicker the finish. It's rare to see this but it is possible that a particular run was in the tank for a shorter duration.

I would contact your dealer or Wetsounds directly. They're very good about taking care of issues like this. I can't speak for them but I'm betting they'll swap out the faceplate for you. It's certainly easy to do.