Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Two questions....?

So the first one is maybe a dumb one but I want to make sure that I get it right. I have a Monsoon 335 which looks like it has two oil fill caps on each side of the engine. Does it matter how much oil I put in each side?

Second, I have a white water line on the sides on my boat that I have tried multiple different products to remove it, with no success. I have been told I can wet sand it, but a little nervous and I don't really know the technique. Any thoughts on technique? or should I just take it to someone to re-gel the boat?

Thanks in advance...

Jeremy

You can use either of the oil fill caps. They go to the same place.

Some pics of what you are dealing with would help with this. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site that I'm sure can help.

• Like 2

To remove the white oxidation, I used:

6" Orbital Variable-speed buffer (you can probably find for less elsewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-7346SP-6-Inch-Random-Polishing/dp/B002EQ96MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431031589&sr=8-2&keywords=porter+cable+variable+speed+buffer)

Chemical Guy's 6.5" pad -

http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-BUFX102HEX5-Hex-Logic-Medium-Heavy/dp/B0040MI9H0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431031659&sr=8-1&keywords=chemical+guys+cutting

And this cutting compound: Meguiar's Cutting compound (8 oz is enough for this boat)

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Mirror-Glaze-Ultra-Cut-Compound/dp/B001O7PNW8

Hit it with the orbital buffer and it will look as good as new (minus severe scratches)... although you might have to do it every few years or whatever.

Edited by jonredcorn

that's what I figured. I am no mechanic, but since it is the valve cover I figured that oil could go in there. I was just wondering if I did half and half on the total amount needed would that keep one side from getting more oil than the other quicker. I know it will eventually makes its way around, but wanted to keep from burning one side out. Since there are two caps I figured it might be for a reason.

I would post a picture, but I cant figure that part out on here. My computer freezes up when I try to add photos. not that computer savvy....

Will this technique work on the sun faded area that I have above the bumper rail?