Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake makers recommendations for prop 22vlx

catalac

My 22vlx was spec'd with a 2419 15x12 .075 cup.

Boat will be used for:

1. Surf with pnp rear 550 maybe 750's & hard tanks, wedge, 4-5 people at 1500ft elevation 350 monsoon.

2. Wakeboard intermediate 19-22mph

3. Skyski 23-24 mph.

4. Cruising, we are on a lake that is 50miles end to end.

Do I have the right prop? I can likely switch now as boat is new hasn't hit water yet. Wake makers say middle prop would be the 2247 15x14.25 .150 cup. I have a spare 1235ish oj stainless I've packed as a spare since my 03vlx.

Spencer from Wakemakers told me they have/had an 08 VLX like mine. He told me to load with 900# in the rear and about 500-600 lbs up front. The prop he recommended was the Acme 1615. It may not be the best prop for cruising across your lake though. It is a lower end prop. I will have the boat out on the lake next week sometime and can tell you what I think. Just PM if you want feedback.

With a 350 monsoon, you will want the 2419 prop. Also, go with at least 750's in the back. Curious to what lake you are on?

Okanagan and Shuswap

wow. 2313 or a 1235 would be "middle" props. or really the new OJ 15x13 would be dead center.

Bad recommendation for that boat. Too much prop, pitch is too high, wouldn't achieve max RPMs on a 350. a 15x14+ would be terrific for a high hp to size boat...like a 6.0 VTX maybe, 450hp VLX, 22 or 23LSVmaybe, or a 555hp anything. not for a 350 22vlx.

You're going to want to run a decent amount of bow weight also. Boat loves it, getting on plane with weight in the front just works so much better. Also I've seen some people post on here that not running bow sacks makes for a better surf wave, but from what I've seen those waves are short and steep.