Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help please!

Ghaynie18

My two port side tower speakers are not working. Everything else is working properly except those two! I have checked connections and just cannot figure it out. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would help to have more detail on your system, whether or not you have an EQ, etc.

But here is the basic trouble-shooting logic for you to follow.

Go upstream in the signal path to the very first component, whether source, cable, amplifier or other, where the signal is known to be divided and the tower speakers are on an isolated path. Just think through it first, component by component.

Let's say for example that the division is the rear RCA output of the head unit.

Before making any changes, label everything.

Write down your results as you proceed.

Do not unplug and plugin components or cables while the system is powered up.

Switch the L and R RCA cables coming out of the head unit, at the HU end.

If the problem switches to the opposite channel and the channel of concern becomes operational then you know the cause is within the source unit. If the dead path stays on the same channel but the HU supplies a signal from either output then you know the issue is downstream in the signal path.

Repeat this test procedure cable end by cable end, component to component, in sequence of the signal path, until you have isolated the cause.

It's basic as all you will be doing is flipping L & R RCAs and L & R speaker wires.