Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel line for 91 malibu

Does anyone know the part number and website I can order a stock steel fuel line for a 91 Malibu 5.7L V8 GM motor? I accidently broke the one on my boat when I replaced the inline filter that was inside the carburetor. Its the metal line that goes up from the fuel pump to the carburetor. Thanks

You could go to either Wholesale Marine or iboats and do a search in the Mercruiser section for the fuel line. Googling Mercruiser parts will also lead you to some websites that will allow you to find part numbers. Ski Dim will also be able to help you out.

You could go to either Wholesale Marine or iboats and do a search in the Mercruiser section for the fuel line. Googling Mercruiser parts will also lead you to some websites that will allow you to find part numbers. Ski Dim will also be able to help you out.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/image/view/2/2/18-8114_2.jpg

I found that fuel line but I was told that I should put the steel/copper piping back on instead f the rubber hose.

Yes, go with the steel line. The reason is to keep the pressurized fuel in a metal line rather than rubber, although there is not very much pressure from a mechanical pump for a carb engine. It is a safety precaution to minimize fuel leak potential.

Yes, go with the steel line. The reason is to keep the pressurized fuel in a metal line rather than rubber, although there is not very much pressure from a mechanical pump for a carb engine. It is a safety precaution to minimize fuel leak potential.

Thanks for your knowledge on this. It would be soooo much easier to just put a rubber line on but safety first. I found an awesome website to find out part numbers and to also order from for mercruiser parts https://www.mercruiserparts.com

Hope this helps someone else in the future

Edited by ecupirates2011