Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low transmission fluid level

Does anyone know if low transmission fluid level would cause slippage and white smoke to come out of my engine? ??? i have a 99 SSVLX and had lots of white smoke and slippage this weekend. I changed the transmission fluid to start the season. but when i checked it there was no level in the transmission.

I'm currently troubleshooting my gauge cluster as well. I think i have a bad 4n1 or a bad computer. i sent my gauge off to bakes. So i currently do not know if i'm over heating but i have pulled the impeller and it looks fine.

its pillows of white smoke. but i just looked at my tranny cooler and the hose connected to it appears to be saturated with oil. So i went ahead and ordered a new tranny cooler. anyone have any advice for getting the fittings loose and hoses loose? I got the bottom hose disconnected but the top wont budge... plus the oil hoses seem to be on really tight as well.

yeah i'm thinking i had 2 issues 1 a leaky tranny cooler and 2 a clogged tranny cooler ... clogged caused boat to overheat hense white smoke... leaky caused the tranny to slip on me due to low fluid levels in transmission. No way to know if i was overheating so bakes should let me know if its a guage or a computer today and i can get the part ordered.