Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf and Skim recommendations help

catalac

Wondering if a few suggestions for us, 2015 vlx kids intermediate riders 15-17 both 155-160 can surf well learning to skim, thier fav board is an old liquid force venture 4-6, dealer recommended an IS Keenan proskim. For me I'm 250 can surf straight ahead up down the wake been using a Skurfer Hammerhead feels like riding a bar door, ex high lever skier but that was 25 years ago, dealer recommended an IS swallow V2. Have been behind a vtx before the 22vlx.

For you, http://www.doomswell.com/products/bigstep?variant=1035129457 For the kids, http://www.doomswell.com/products/neo I'm 50ish, 190lbs and just a little better than a beginner, my daughter is 17 and competes in pro the division and we both ride the Neo. It works great for nearly everyone we have put on it, even first timers. The guys at Doomswell are great! They will even put your own graphics on a board. These are both surf style boards.

For skims, the Keenan Pro Model is an excellent board. It is one of the absolute top of the line boards. Definitely has a top of the line price. Other boards that compare in ride and build quality are the Phase 5 Danielo Diamond/Pro, and the Victoria Factor PCX.

If you can swing it, the Keenan is great.

A Soulcraft Da Honu would be a great choice for you. It's an easy riding surf style board that has a ton of performance and potential.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback local price on the Keenan is only 100 more than the phase 5 danielo diamond or pro. No soulcraft here in canada that I can find, you have dad board suggestions from phase 5, cwb, hyperlite, ronix or Island surfer?

I've been real happy with my Swallow V2. I'm also a bigger guy at about 280. I picked up an IS fly boy big boy but I much prefer the swallow. I think my next board will be the skim4 squirt. I also have a phase 5 oogle and I really enjoy that board. It's a skim board and dynamically different than the swallow.

Thanks for the feedback local price on the Keenan is only 100 more than the phase 5 danielo diamond or pro. No soulcraft here in canada that I can find, you have dad board suggestions from phase 5, cwb, hyperlite, ronix or Island surfer?

Re Soulcraft, contact Jeff (soulcraft's owner) I have bought two board through him, and I'm in Switzerland. I'm convinced Canada will not be an issue :-)