Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug and play recommendation 22vlx?

catalac

We usually only have 2 adults 3 kids 15-17 in the boat. Boat is spec'd with regular tanks and is rear plug play ready, dealer says to go 550's in the back but I see there are 750's avail. What are others running never asked them maybe the 750's take up too much space??

I would go with wake maker custom bags for the 22 vlx. They will allow you to keep the transom storage bins in place with bags filled. They weigh in at approx. 800 lbs full. With a 650 bow bag it will deliver a nice surf wave. They also have the larger 1" ports which are great for the PnP.

Edited by Fman

I don't know about 550's popping the bins. I would recommend larger bags than the 550's. Give wake makers a call and they will get you set up. I am fairly certain for $700 you could run there bags and installation is not to difficult. And while your on the phone with WM, consider ordering that 650 lb sumo bow bag, you will need more bow weight than the factory hard tank.

Members here also receive 10% off from WM on orders over $50.

Edited by Fman

I think it's ready just for the bags hoses and stuff all in there, build sheet says ballast hi flo rear pnp plumbing. 350 monsoon, 2419 prop.

I think it's ready just for the bags hoses and stuff all in there, build sheet says ballast hi flo rear pnp plumbing. 350 monsoon, 2419 prop.

You should have enough power with that prop setup and the 800's and 650 lb bow bag. I have been running this setup on my 22vlx (plus hard tanks and wedge 2-3 clicks up) for the past couple months and it's a nice weight setup. Nothing crazy but enough to give you a great wave to surf and keep the boat safe on the water.

If you find your rpms too high you can always change prop to the 2315. The 2419 is the most aggressive low end prop you can purchase.

If you already have the hoses in place it's very easy to hook up the PnP. Wake makers will get you exactly what you need.

Edited by Fman

You should have enough power with that prop setup and the 800's and 650 lb bow bag. I have been running this setup on my 22vlx (plus hard tanks and wedge 2-3 clicks up) for the past couple months and it's a nice weight setup. Nothing crazy but enough to give you a great wave to surf and keep the boat safe on the water.

If you find your rpms too high you can always change prop to the 2315. The 2419 is the most aggressive low end prop you can purchase.

If you already have the hoses in place it's very easy to hook up the PnP. Wake makers will get you exactly what you need.

Thanks for the help, been a bit out of the loop with my vtx it's set up was simple.... Bags & tsunami pumps. Looking forward to the 22vlx.

22 vlx is a great boat, and surf reports from current owners are getting very favorable results. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and congrats on the new ride...

• 3 weeks later...

Did it take long for you to get your bags? I ordered the custom WakeMakers bags on May 4th and still don't have them. I have called twice to see if and when they should ship. The first time I was told the following Wednesday. The second time I was told dealers have placed orders so they are backed up but that they would call me back with an update. Of course I never got that call.

Edited by cvl