Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Question

We have alway put our PW all the way down and then move it up when we get up to speed (how we were told to do it). When the rider falls put the PW all the way down and repeat the process. Is this necessary or can we just keep it at half way (max wake) all the time? Thanks in advance!

When we wakeboard, I fully deploy it (bottom) before the start. Then, once I reach about 17 mph, I adjust it to the rider's preference. We usually ride about 22 mph. When the rider falls or quits, I fully deploy it again and repeat the process. It allows the boat to plane out quicker and at less rpm. It takes much more effort to reach 22 mph if the wedge is left in the position it was during the previous ride.

• Like 1

When we wakeboard, I fully deploy it (bottom) before the start. Then, once I reach about 17 mph, I adjust it to the rider's preference. We usually ride about 22 mph. When the rider falls or quits, I fully deploy it again and repeat the process. It allows the boat to plane out quicker and at less rpm. It takes much more effort to reach 22 mph if the wedge is left in the position it was during the previous ride.

I heard that it puts too much stess if you plain with it anywhere above all the way down. Is that true? or does it only make it harder to plain?

Edited by NeverEnuff

I wouldn't think it would put any more stress on the boat than when at riding speed. It may put a little more stress on the running gear and gas bill along with riders arms as it'll take longer to plane. Best to keep doing it the way you were told IMO.