Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is best the waterski rack for G3 Tower or who sells them

WaBackcountry

I see Bakes Online sells a Samson one for around $650. There has to be another manufacturer that is a little less pricey? Any ideas? I saw one made in Austrailia for much less but I cant find the website anymore and have no idea if its junk.

I also use one of these same comment not cheap but works great. I removed 2 x screws and replaced with one and turned it in to a spinner.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool mod. The actual spinner version was insanely expensive - couldn't bring myself to spring for that.

So on yours did you replace one of the bolts with a pin?

And to the OP

This might be the cheap one you were thinking of $300 and fits a G3

http://wakeboardaustin.com/raptor-ski-rack-malibu-313

I bought the raptor surf racks. They work and look great. I have been contemplating getting the ski rack for the other side. Ski rack is about number 22 on the boat gear list so it will wait.

Cool mod. The actual spinner version was insanely expensive - couldn't bring myself to spring for that.

So on yours did you replace one of the bolts with a pin?

Hey oldjeep

I just replaced the top bolt with a tee bolt and placed thin Teflon washers between the pivot point.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the best place to price the Malibu rack? The Australian one looks to be good quality and a steal at $299 delivered but would like to see what Malibu is priced at.

And to the OP

This might be the cheap one you were thinking of $300 and fits a G3

http://wakeboardaustin.com/raptor-ski-rack-malibu-313

I have the rack that fits the G3 and it works great , every bit as nice as the Malibu racks. You can not tell a difference, especially since it is a different style rack then the standard swivel racks. I got mine for 150 a while ago when they where having a crazy sale, but 300 is still better than the 750+ for a Malibu rack

Edited by Chrisjjbrown

What is the best place to price the Malibu rack? The Australian one looks to be good quality and a steal at $299 delivered but would like to see what Malibu is priced at.

You may be looking at the Austrailian site. The owner has two locations, one in Austin and the other in Australia. Check www.fluidcoreusa.com. The raptor is the one that works on the G3. Make sure you select the G3 tower mounting option. The ski rack is $269.