Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Added a lil tint

spikew919

I get the "looks cool," but how is tint in a boat ever practical. What are the practical advantages of a boat tint?

if I had to sell it the reason I would have to say that helping filter some of the uv rays off the dash and touch screens has to help. Every little bit that yo can block off, has to extend the life of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It adds a little bit of shade and cuts back on some glare when you need a break and tuck back down behind the glass. Does help protect the dash a touch as well.

But looks are probably 80% of it.

Did you do it yourself? I have never tinted before but may be willing to give it a shot. I wouldn't want to end up with a bubbled mess like you see going down the road sometimes.

Difficulty level 1-10?

Looks great! Do you have any more pictures from a few different angles? I am thinking about doing mine but don't want too dark.

20% means that it only lets in 20% of the light....which is really dark on a car...but from the pictures, it does not look near as dark on a open boat....

and yes, it LOOKS great!

Edited by JB-FOOT

Did you do it yourself? I have never tinted before but may be willing to give it a shot. I wouldn't want to end up with a bubbled mess like you see going down the road sometimes.

Difficulty level 1-10?

drivers side, would give a solid 10! Had to use a friends long squeegee type thing to do the area at the bottom cause no room for my hands in there. Rest maybe a 7 or so. Make sure you have a heat gun. And patience. I did my truck first and have done some of my equipment in the past. Flat glass is best to try first. Cause the curved glass is a bit of a challenge.

Looks great! Do you have any more pictures from a few different angles? I am thinking about doing mine but don't want too dark.

will take some more tomorrow, hard to take a decent pic in the dark. Lol

As far as the practical aspect... the only thing I have found so far is my phone doesn't overheat and shut down when left on the dash. And yes it looks good also.

How much film did you need to complete? Would 10' x 30" be enough?

you will actually need around 15' and prolly 20' if you have never tried it.

post-25316-14308479820449_thumb.jpg to give everyone an idea on darkness, this is 20% on right and 9% on left. And in the dark you can barely see out of the 9%.