Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What does this do?

NeverEnuff

Im new to all the fancy stereo systems and I have one of these under the dash (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/alolsen2012/media/Punch_zpsmwpdfwb6.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0) I have always thought that this adjusts the subwoofer because whenever I turn the knob down the sub turns down. I had just read something about that adjusting the amps. If you could point me in the right the direction that would great. Thanks in advance!

It's made for sub but will adjust volume on whatever amp it is connected to.

Ill have to track down the wires to see where it is connected.

Its on your sub amp.........you already proved it to yourself. Should be the 500.2 on a stock system.

The sub has its own amp? I thought it was one for tower and one for cabin. Also can your sub be to high? I like it when it is turned up a lot but it concerns me because it vibrates so much. could this damage anything?

The sub has its own amp? I thought it was one for tower and one for cabin. Also can your sub be to high? I like it when it is turned up a lot but it concerns me because it vibrates so much. could this damage anything?

Yes. The sub can be damaged if its distorting and/or over driving. On a malibu, ive never seen any more than one knob and its for the sub.

Yes. The sub can be damaged if its distorting and/or over driving. On a malibu, ive never seen any more than one knob and its for the sub.

Could It damage the boat by vibrating too much?