Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

naked and so pretty!

Looks awesome! What process, products did you use?

1. Dawn dish soap to remove any old wax and other dirt contaminants

2. Goof off to remove decal residue and some teak oil staining from PO(more work needed there)

3. 3M rubbing compound w/ DA buffer

4. 3M finesse it II w/ DA buffer

5. collinite marine paste wax by hand

• Like 1

Why did you wax by hand? My shoulder would fall off! Am I missing some advantage of hand waxing?

note -- I never realized how much surface area there is on a boat until I tried hand waxing my 99' response.

Looks good. If you use some Mequiar's quik wax and a tooth brush, the wax residue comes out of the hull numbers pretty well.

Looks good. If you use some Mequiar's quik wax and a tooth brush, the wax residue comes out of the hull numbers pretty well.

No, they are easier to read right now, (if you ever need to :-)

Very nice! I removed my transom stickers last summer and ultimately had to wet sand. My boat had a sun burn and when wet you could always see where the letters were, but then again it is black gel so....

Nice. My 01 has the blue accent. My doh moment was when I got In too big a hurry and grabbed a razor blade instead of a plastic scraper. Oh, I knew better, but just another bad decision of many on my part. Needless to say, I learned a lot about wet sanding scratches out. It all looks good though and will stay naked for a bit.

Why did you wax by hand? My shoulder would fall off! Am I missing some advantage of hand waxing?

note -- I never realized how much surface area there is on a boat until I tried hand waxing my 99' response.

I bought the paste wax not the liquid and I was really tired of running that buffer. :)

Very nice! I removed my transom stickers last summer and ultimately had to wet sand. My boat had a sun burn and when wet you could always see where the letters were, but then again it is black gel so....

If you really look hard up close and personal you can still see the outline of the decals on the back and even on the sides where the big decals were. I'm hoping the sun fades those areas a bit. "Most" people wouldn't notice it, TMC folks would of course.

The obsessive details are soon to follow.

Sorry for not multi-quoting. Can't get it to work right.

If you really look hard up close and personal you can still see the outline of the decals on the back and even on the sides where the big decals were. I'm hoping the sun fades those areas a bit. "Most" people wouldn't notice it, TMC folks would of course.

I went naked about 5 years ago, there is very slight shadowing that I see. It has gotten better over the years as I buff it each year. I wet sanded the transom this spring to get some funk off that was under a transom protector. The transom looks new, I will most likely be wet sanding in the fall/winter to get the final shadow off.

My point is it is not going to fade out, if you notice and it bugs you plan a wet sanding event in the off season.

• Like 1

1. Dawn dish soap to remove any old wax and other dirt contaminants

2. Goof off to remove decal residue and some teak oil staining from PO(more work needed there)

3. 3M rubbing compound w/ DA buffer

4. 3M finesse it II w/ DA buffer

5. collinite marine paste wax by hand

Thanks. I just did my spring cleaning too. Mine didn't need the heavy stuff but I hit it every spring with 3M finesse it II . This year I followed with the Starbrite Teflon polish and then a coating of Carnuba wax. Don't have any pics but it looks great and soft as a babies butkus!

The transom was the worst area on the boat. The rest had chalky spots throughout. I went over the decal areas a little heavier with the compound but not much. I'll see how it is on the water in the sun!