Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dumb Question on my Engine

DAI

So I apologize if this has been covered in the past (could not find an answer via search), but I have a question about my engine. I have 2014 23 LSV with the LS3 and I know that this should have the Marine Power version. However, when I opened the hatch yesterday and looked at it, it said Monsoon across it and the plastic cover looks just like the one on the Indmar website. Is Monsoon a Malibu trademark or Indmar? Do the plastic engine covers all look the same regardless of manufacturer? Could I have an Indmar engine or would I not be able to tell just looking at it quickly from the top?

Thanks

Have a picture? Monsoon should be Indmar/Malibu only. The exhaust manifolds should tell the story.

Travelling at the moment, but will post a picture when I get back mid week.

ahopkins22LSV

Have a picture? Monsoon should be Indmar/Malibu only. The exhaust manifolds should tell the story.

Not correct, Monsoon is a Malibu name. The PCM in the Response and Axis line is still named Monsoon.

To the OP, yes, your MP LS3 is named Monsoon.

• Like 3

Not correct, Monsoon is a Malibu name. The PCM in the Response and Axis line is still named Monsoon.

To the OP, yes, your MP LS3 is named Monsoon.

Interesting, I stand corrected.

ahopkins22LSV

Interesting, I stand corrected.

I was confused last year when the MP said Monsoon when I was looking at a new LSV. Then PCM used it so it is clearly owned by Malibu lol!

• Like 1

So what is yours? top or bottom? top I'm guessing

Checking will be the fourth thing I'll do (after giving wife and kids a kiss, and saying hi to the dogs) once I get back from O-Hi-O.

IMO on looks alone the indmar is leaps and bounds more appealing to the eye than the MP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no you di ent!? Popcorn anyone...

ahopkins22LSV

Hijack a little. Does Malibu use MP now? I see there was a lawsuit end of last year because Malibu canceled their order to MP.

Nope, was a one year run just for LS3. I have a feeling something didn't work out between the two which is why Bu pulled out.

The Malibu dealer told me that MP wanted Bu to commit to an absurd amount of motors so they backed out after 1 year. I have no idea the veracity of that statement though.

IMO on looks alone the indmar is leaps and bounds more appealing to the eye than the MP

Perhaps, but all I can see on the Indmar one is that stupid crossed hose draped over the top. Is that an afterthought to fix a fuel hammer problem or something?

Perhaps, but all I can see on the Indmar one is that stupid crossed hose draped over the top. Is that an afterthought to fix a fuel hammer problem or something?

I may be wrong but I think I remember someone re-routing them to be hidden on here. Nevertheless it could look cleaner

My salt series Indmar ls3 has two 1 1/8" hoses running I top of the engine in addition to those cross over manifold coolant hoses. I'm guessing it is for equalizing the pressure in the coolant system.

• 3 weeks later...