Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Volt alert on display

yahooinboots

I have a volt alert 11.3 that just started flashing on my display screen. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

your alternator may be going out. or a loose connection on your alternator. I had both of these things happen to me in the past.

Start with the simple stuff and work your way up to the more expensive. Start with tracing both positive and negative cables back to the engine removing, cleaning and tightening them as you go.

Evaluate your batteries. How old are they? When were they last charged? How often is the boat being used? If you have a battery switch do you turn the system off after use? Have you installed any new electronics that may be draining the system? What if anything have you changed since the problem started occurring?

To of questions since we don't know any of the history or back story as to what configuration you have or any corresponding activities that may have occurred that would cause this but the above should get you started. Based on your profile if you're still on your first batteries the most likely cause is the battery(s) need replacing.

ahopkins22LSV

We have the same thing happening in a friends 01 SSLXi. Bought a new battery, cables are good, connections are good. We are at the point of taking the alternator off and having it tested. If it isn't that, I don't know where to go from there.

Thank you for all the great feedback. My batteries were a little low so I have them charging now. It's a 2005 23lsv. I started it earlier to let oil warm up as I was going to change the oil. After I changed the oil and started it again is when it started to show the 11.2 volt. I switched the batteries and showed same thing. I have cleaned the cable connections all the way back and when I finish the battery charging I'll give it another try and see. Again...thank you for the great feedback.