Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Understanding my stock stereo setup

sidekicknicholas

I just want to understand how the stock system is setup in my new boat (04' Wakesetter LSV).

I know the stock sony head unit and remotes have been replaced with Alpine gear - previous owner did this.

What I know I have:

* Head unit - Alpine CDA-9886M

* Remote(s) - Alpine (not 100% sure model)

* Interior Speakers (4x) - Sony XS-V1633

* Tower Speakers (4x) - Sony XS-V1641H

* Amp - Sony VX550.3

..... I can only assume the following, am I correct?

Amp's 3 channels go as follows:

High pass 1 - Port tower speakers wired in parallel

High Pass 2 - Starboard tower speakers wired in parallel

Low Pass 1 - Subwoofer

Head unit powers the interior speakers

..... I just want to get a handle on what the "stock" setup is before I start tearing into things.

Thanks!

One person's perfect stereo install is the next guy's rats nest of wires. Label everything, disconnect one set of speaker leads at a time, check them with a meter for resistance (should be ~2, ~4, or ~8 Ohm), get some long testing leads and check continuity between the speakers and the amp leads, and make a map of what goes where and the values.

Don't assume anything!

If you don't map it out to know what's there (since it isn't stock) then you're going to have problems. The only other option is to pull it all out and re-install it yourself, but you still need to map it out and know what goes where.